Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cars that go BOOM



Call it old age but can we stop short for a double take.... Please don't tell me your hooking up bass in your daddy's garage!
When I was in college my room mate and I were obsessed with La'Trimm, we even went so far to call each other Lady Tigra and Bunny D, I know what your thinking, in college? yes in college there was some small amounts of alcohol involved at times, but others we just thought it was plan out crazy fun! In fact when I looked up the lyrics to the song we would play every.single.time. we got in the car, I only had to read the first line to remember the whole damn thing!! The mind is a silly thing to waste. I can remember the man I was in love with had a low rider pick-up truck and when we would cruise around town you could feel your organs shake from the BOOM of the bass! Good thing I was much thinner back then because I would hate to feel the jiggle around my hips that I get now when I go over the railroad tracks.
The reason I am bringing up the whole crazy thing is yesterday while sitting at a light enjoying my easy listening radio at a more than reasonable volume with my windows down, this car behind made me feel like I was sitting in that pick-up truck back in 92'. And yes my sides started to jiggle a little!! But not as much as his rear view mirror that was barely hanging on. As I was sitting there at the longest light ever I started to get annoyed because damn it Total Eclipse of the Heart was on my radio and I couldn't even humm along(totally kidding) but not really. I must have really pissed some 30 & 40 somethings off back in my day. There should be a noise ordiance for when you are stuck in traffic on a hot spring day with your windows down. Except for when La'Trimm is on for flash back 80's, by all means turn it UP!!
Speaking of that old college room mate her birthday is tommorrow so I would like to dedicate this post to her. Bunny D if your out there reading this girlfriend love ya and miss ya hope your day is super fly....with BASS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I have never heard of that song or a singing dou named Latrimm (did I even spell that right??)but I do have some old Tony Toni Tone lyrics in my head now.

Anonymous said...

I second that comment. Could we honestly be too old for this post? Thanks for flashback though Lucky...good times...

Anonymous said...

I remember them quite well and that stupid song of theirs.. Tigre & Bunny, better yet LaTrimm.........Damn you! I can't get it out of my head