Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time off

I am sitting here in a quiet house listening to the furnace kick on and the occassional needle tapping of snow and ice on the window. Tonight I am alone in my house without the worry of listening for my little girl in the next room but really I am worrying still that she will have a restful night sleep away from me. As often my feeling is when we are away from each other.

I have been off work since last Tuesday and it feels as if I am stuck in some sort of time wrap or twlight zone, being off work and restricted timelines has really messed up my sleep pattern and made me eat far to many holiday cookies than I care to admit. My days are bunched together and the impending arrival of 2009 is upon us, I think in 2 days. Whatever the day I am enjoying the time with my daughter, to wake later than normal and snuggle in bed longer than we need to only to read the 12 childrens books that clutter my nightstand. We eat potatoe chips for breakfast and skip lunch to play with playdoh. Despite the slight fever she had on Friday night and cough the last 3 nights we are in good health and are more than happy.

Our Christmas was met with lots of shared time with family and friends. Morgan enjoyed her first Christmas Eve service at church especially the candle lighting her eyes were a gleem to get to hold her own candle and as she sat in my lap the warmth of the candle felt like God giving us a hug.
Time has really flown by this year and next year is going to bring change, alot of change, so much change that I am excited and scared to death all at the same time! Before that change comes I will continue to move along day to day with faith in the future.
With that I leave you with some holiday photos of JOY, PEACE & LOVE of the season.

3 comments:

Your Special Cake! said...

Have a very happy new year!I love the pic of messy bed-head and jammies :)

Kellie Bray said...

Happy New Year! 2009 will be great because I love you!

Anonymous said...

You and Morgan eat potato chips for breakfast? Dean will want to move in.