Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Benders are not for single parents of small children

It has taken me this long to regain consciousness of my life after spending most of my time with a cocktail in my hand since late Friday night. I guess you could say this is your run down of my Memorial Day weekend festivities. WOO-WHO good times!
Morgan went to spend some time with her Dad on Friday night while I prepared for my house warming party. I took a trip to the Meijer purchased large amounts of adult beverages and calorie fat filled snacks in anticipation of many friends coming by to say hello. I like parties just not at my house the preparation and worry if there is enough food, pop, mustard, and toilet paper kills me. After the fruit was cut up and the house vacuumed I got a phone call from SD in a panic that Morgan would not stop crying for me. She wanted her Mommie and who could blame her. It took the last bit of energy I had to hold myself back from getting in the car to save her from nothing but a sleep deprived day. SD agreed that if she wasn't asleep soon that I could expect a knock on the door with a note attached to one pissed off toddler demanding her mother never subject her to more than 10 hours with her father again. Which did not happen but I prepared for it and drank a couple beers to take the edge off.
Saturday went really well I had early visitors(Pankiewicz) that failed to recognize the time the party started but we welcomed them any way. They helped prepare the veggie tray and there was a last run to the store for some condensed milk. Thanks! Morgan got home in time for a bath and nap before party time. Mostly family showed up which meant I started drinking early to take the edge off, and when only three of my friends showed up it meant I drank 85 oz of the 96 oz bucket of margarita that had been chilled in the freezer since Thursday. There was 3ft of the 6ft sub leftover and 45 of the 48 cans of beer. As my brother and sister in law left I loaded their car with the extras for my sister in laws birthday party that would happen the next day on Sunday afternoon.
My sister in laws party was alot of fun. I talked(bribed her with a bag of suckers)Morgan into going with my Aunt for the night so I could relax and finish the 45 cans of beer. We played cards and I won a few bucks, did a few shots, and stayed up to late. What makes me think I am immune to the aftermath of to much alcohol and a good time I will never know.
The next morning I failed miserably to any responsibilities of being a parent and didn't call to check on my girl until 10:02am. At that time she had transformed into wanting her Momma into not wanting to go home because of all the activities and sugary snacks thrown at her in such a short span of time. The home where she had been staying did not require shoes or clothing except for a diaper and it had a slip and slide!! My house pails in comparison.
The weekend was perfect despite the less than desirable crowd to my open house. We couldn't have asked for better weather or more food and drink. The laughs were many! and the time to relax in our cozy clothes after it was all said and done is priceless.

4 comments:

Fer said...

i ate all weekend & didn't even finish my bottle of pinot grigio sunday night...i'm a loser...

K said...

I am very impressed with your ability to drink even when faced against such adversity! I had one beer all weekend and it tore my stomach to shreds. I am still not a happy camper.

Diva Me said...

Proud. Oh so proud. I drank too much wine this weekend if it makes you feel any better. And happy hell, where were your friends for the party!!?? You KNOW that I would have been more than happy to help you with those 45 beers if we had been in town. Again. happy. Hell.

Oh, and I am begining to suspect that K is really like 50 years old or something.

Kellie Bray said...

Im sorry I did not drink more or stay longer. I have to fit in that damn dress this weekend and I brought...what turned out to be...the crabby land lord!! Sorry!