Friday, August 7, 2009

This too shall pass

Yesterday evening I had a night to myself a whole four hours before bed to chill. After no potential dates with men willing to swoon over me with large amounts of adult beverages and or sushi. I planned to sit at home with a beer to chill and do what ever I wanted. That's just what I did after making the quickest trip to Meijer ever, returned bottles, grab an iced tea, cashed out my $7, headed to the gas station to put my last $7 for the week in the tank to get to work in the morning, all this and not a single child asked me to ride the electric pony or buy a frozen coke.
Funny thing is one would think with four hours there is alot you could do, paint toe nails, write a post on the blog, catch a movie, read a book, do house work, etc., etc. So what I did is plant my butt in front of the computer and download and upload pictures I have been meaning to for the last year with a beer, that translates into absolutely NOTHING. Then when my sister came home the only light was the one shining from the computer monitor. She asked me how long I had been parked in that position, I gave her a death look stare and told her the "SSSSHHH" for the last three hours there has been nothing but the occasional blower of the a/c humming in the basement and I had forgotten what that sound was like. She then walked around the house turning on lights, starting laundry, folding clothes, putting away dishes, and cussing as if no one does anything around the house. I then mentioned my toilet was plugged up and asked if she could take care of it, which sent her in a search, the same search I had taken a few hours before, for a plunger we no longer owned. As of right now the toilet is still yelling for a plunger which I have remind my sister to pick up on the way home.
My day at work has been the longest ever and if I didn't need to pay my bills so bad I would pack it up and grab my baby, go home and do something productive. Get this weekend started cause I need a nap.

2 comments:

Kellie Bray said...

Ewwwwwww. FIND THAT PLUNGER you stinky girl!!!

Diva Me said...

Morgan gets to have frozen coke? Don't tell Dean that...EVAH. Unless of course you WANT a 2nd child on your next trip to Meijer.

And I am so proud. you said M E I J E R.