Friday, September 18, 2009

Should have saved for a meandering day

Things I have noticed this week......
- I am out of fashion! After spending and hour in the mall the other day, quickly browsing and listening to the meltdown of a toddler every time I entered a store that was not near the carousel or had some sort of child entertainment. I took a quick look at the young girls in the stores wearing what I did when I was 15, really with the skinny jeans and hi-tops. My hips would never get away with that look now a days. Then I took a glance in the mirror and thought oui what have I become. I have not shopped for myself in so long I don't even know where to begin putting pieces together for a new wardrobe(not that I could afford one right now). Still I can not focus, who brought that annoying beast of a child in this store who sounds like a broken record "I WANNA GO ON THE CAROUSEL" over and over again?? OH yeah that would be mine I recognize the blonde hair but not the face buried into the rug below the shiny ruffled tops.
- Enough with the roots already! My hair is in desperate need of scissors and bleach or some sort of hair color. Honestly I can not remember the last time I had it done. Last week I liked the longer look but today it's gotta go! If it wasn't for the grey throwing off the highlights my roots are a good two and a half inches long. Something has to be done before I pull a Britney!
- Life is short! I attended a funeral yesterday in support of a friend who lost her sister in-law to soon. The young mother of two(10yr & 3yr) was only 32 years old. As I sat and listened to the service I longed to run home and squeeze Morgan, knowing time is precious and we don't get to choose our time to leave we can only cherish the time we have.
- Five day work weeks are hard! This was the first full week of work since January. I go back to four days next week. As much as I miss the pay I enjoy the time with my baby (I mean big girl) more.
- Never take a potty training toddler out to dinner by yourself! I had a taste for a steak the other day, so I decided on the place with the peanuts. Thought it would be a nice distraction for a toddler to peel her own peanuts and teach her to throw the shells on the floor. My thought proved to be a 15 min time killer until she had to go PEE. We made our way to the public bathroom which I cringe because it is hard enough for me to hover over the seat let alone try to hold a squirming toddler. We made it out alive. Our dinner came and she had to PEE again. I assured our waitress we were not trying to dine and dash and not to clear our table, she just laughed. Two trips to the public bathroom, still alive. What a pain in the ass to have to carry your purse, secure your table and take a 10 minute potty break!

3 comments:

Kellie Bray said...

So...ask my mom about Sears ...and me...and the screaming nightmare I was.

Skinny jeans suck. Let this be the year of the FAT jeans. Thats right..just throw on a BIG pair and tighten your belt!

Anonymous said...

Fashion? What is the fashion these days? It seems retro to the eighties is back. NO Thank you!
Glad she lets you know ahead of time. My darling would have to go NOW!!! Not in 2 seconds, but NoW!!
Keep up the great work mommy.
tmp

Diva Me said...

yeesh. A funeral for a 32 year old mom. That is so sad!