Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary


WHATEVER!! Today is my 4th wedding anniversary, even though it has been over for quite sometime (June 2006), there is still a piece of paper somewhere that says I am still married. It is hard to believe that 4 years ago today I was exchanging vows with a man I thought I knew after 8 years of courtship. The only thing I knew was that the world was a pink hue in my rose colored glasses. Turns out that the only thing he was good for was a sperm donation 3 years later. As you can visually see this is the way I feel about the marriage today. When you say til death do us part should one take it literally? I mean not that I would ever intentionally cause harm to another human being but the feeling remains the same. I try to remain level headed and cordial to the father of my child, but for future reference he should never stand within swinging distance while I have a sharp object in my hand.
Was I kidding myself to walk down the aisle of holy matrimony? Someone should have slapped me with a silly stick. Not that I want go into great detail of the demise of the situation let's just say he continues to live outside the home we built and can go weeks at a time before seeing his daughter. Much to his suprize she changes everytime he sees her, well DUHHHHAAAA!!! Apparently he is a bit uncomfortable around me(could be the guilt in the pit of his stomach) which is why he doesn't visit as often as he should. Might I add that Morgan an I are doing just fine without him there as long as he keeps paying the mortgage and a little extra for diapers. I do not regret being a single mother, in fact more time for me nah, naha, neener!! I know that I will raise my little girl with morals and teach her not to make the same mistakes I have made. She has already made me stronger and made me realize that life goes on the same and only turns the way you tell it to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you sistah! And we'll have a big party for your next anniversary...your DIVORCE anniversary. Whenever that may be....

K said...

I used to feel VERY guilty for missing your wedding because I had already paid for a Mickey Redmond Travel trip to see the Red Wings play in Minneapolis. But now, I don't feel so bad... after all, it was hockey, a lot of beer with cousin KT and the Mall of America.