Tuesday, April 24, 2007

NO warning label

Just look at her in all her cuteness! Seeing the world for the first time in rose colored glasses literally. I know enough already with the pink detail, but seriously the majority of the public still thinks she is a boy. Duh people are you color blind?? The girl is a baby with a lack of hair which happens to be 90 something percent of babies when they are born.(not that I looked up that census just sayin') Pay attention to detail!!
Speaking of details the adorable glasses which I bought for a $1, came with no warning label and no age preferance. They are sun glasses surely everyone who wears them knows how to right? WRONG! A soon to-be six month old does not know the danger, and my parental skills were on the back burner(but only for a breif moment). While enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon out shopping I placed my daugthers new shades on her face to show her cousin Luke just how stylish she can be. Well I left the glasses on her while we packed the kids in the car and drove up the road to the shopping center. Upon entering the parking lot Morgan started to cry and I noticed her glassed had fallen off her face, so mommy will help you out just let me park. As I parked and looked up and in just a split second, my beautiful daughter had crammed the arm of the glasses down her throat and made the most horrific gagging noise I NEVER want to her come out of her again! and the whole bottle of milk I just feed her for lunch now pouring out of her like a popped water balloon! I was screaming OH.MY.GOD! she was crying uncontrollably as I ran to the other side of the car. My sister in-law was in the passenger seat and removed the glasses from her hands as she was there first. I was trying to remove the straps from her car-seat to comfort her the best way I could, wiping off the puke and holding her tightly and repeating how sorry I was, I felt like a horrible mother for most of the day. If I learned anything it would be that a supervision label should be placed on childrens sunglasses even if it is a funny warning label. Something more serious could have happened. Lucky for us Morgan is fine and I am going to be fine, I know it was just a learning experience for me. And she still loves me her smile tells me so!!

2 comments:

K said...

Poor Morgan... she just had her first experience that all women know... sometimes accessories which make you so cute (high heels, earrings, sunglasses that get caught in your hair) can be painful!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat the small stuff...or in your case, the easily retrievable stuff. Dean prefers earrings....you know, the kind that you rip off of Grandma's ear and shove in your 6 month old pie hole. Yummy!