Thursday, April 26, 2007

Six Months

Today is Morgan's six month birthday!! As I look back at the past six months and ponder where has the time gone?...... Well let me tell you it was 10 gruelling feedings a day, oodles of diaper changes, endless washing of bottles, 60+ loads of laundry, lost count hours of walking the floors, even more hours of drive time to and from baby sitters and not enough snuggle time in just 6 short months!!! And I am not even tired anymore, nope I am a MOM! A mom who has made it 176 days with a newborn child who is slowly turning into a person with her own personality. A small piece of heaven who has reached her tiny hands into my chest and grabbed a hold of my heart!! I don't know how I lived 3o+ years without her.

I am still waiting for the inevitable tooth to break out. In the meantime Morgan is having fun discovering her voice the one that repeats "AH-BOO,AH-BOO,AH-BOO" and "A-GA" followed by the spitting of raspberries!! I discovered that she is ticklish on her tummy and neck, and her laugh is more like a skreech than a giggle, and she carries on so much it makes her eyes water. Most pictures taken are more like a deer in the headlights because she just isn't ready for her modeling career(or maybe the red light on the camera throws off the moment and she gets nervous). I noticed this morning she must have grew 2 more inches over night because she is as long as her changing table now. Changing her diaper has become a trick in itself she thinks it is funny to stiffin her legs while trying to put the diaper on between them, I can imagine how fun this game will be in a few months. She has mastered rolling over from her belly to her back, and enjoys laying on her side to play with her toys. Sitting up is more like a little lean forward but she is working on it with a little support can sit up for a long period of time. She loves TV any music or bright colored cartoon catches her attention. When I get home she is the first person I greet and the excitiment is mutual, the look in her eyes and the way she waves her arms and legs and laughs in joy makes me happy.

But my favorite by far would have to be snuggle time in the morning just her and I after her morning bottle she looks up at me and coos and babbles in her soft voice as if she is telling me about her dreams and how lovely her mommy looks with her hair so messy and smile of coffee breath!

1 comment:

K said...

Happy Six Months Old little one!!! Too bad you aren't pretty and your momma doesn't love you!