Monday, April 2, 2007

Where have you been?

Wow it has been almost a whole week since I made a post and have no excuse other than life happens. Morgan turned 5 months old last monday. She is eating cereal twice a day now which I am sure is helping maintain her chunky physique around her mid-section and thighs. Yep just like her momma!! Everyday is something new and last week I started to sing her a lullaby really soft and well it worked in getting her to come out of her melt-down(I forgot I knew any lullabies). So she is the only one who likes to hear her momma sing. Uncle Jason hooked her up with some new baby DVD's and a Laurie Berkner CD for the car. The more I listen to Laurie Berkner the more I think I sound like her(anyway, movin on..). Morgan enjoys music and she will stop everything to watch the TV when music is on, amazing how at such a young age she knows so much already. A little sponge waiting to absorb the world around her!! It makes me sad every week I put away clothes that not to long ago were big on her.
We had a very busy weekend, in fact I do not plan to do that much activity ever again. It didn't bother me when it was just me driving all over the state on Michigan, but take a 5 month old on the never ending trip is just insane! The weekend started with a trip to brothers to watch my nephew, which I really enjoyed because I don't get to see him that often. I heard the word truck 986,231 times (no really I counted) and he understands everything you tell him amazing what a bundle of knowledge a 20 month knows and will get across to you even if it means saying the same word for everything....what is this book..."twruck"...what is the cup...."twruck"! He did talk me into one extra bed time book only because he is so darn cute.
Saturday I attended a baby shower that is 154 miles from my house. My aunt loved the chance to watch Morgan so I could enjoy a little bit of mom time and as much as I wanted to bring her with me to brag I am glad I went by myself. They were serving adult beverages that I have a low tolerance but proceeded to have none the less. I had to cut myself off so that I could pick up my daugther and get home at a not so reasonable time of 8:30pm, way past the bed time which usually occurs at 7pm! We had a minor melt-down about 20 minutes from home, which is where I turned on my mommy lullaby voice and Morgan went back to sleep.
Sunday morning slept in much to my suprise and went to the late service at church. Then attended a home Arbonne party, where I really wanted to stay but my body was telling me you gotta go. My darling baby wanted to just lay around in her t-shirt and play with her toys at home. Upon pulling into the drive at 4:30pm we pulled the shades and lounged around enjoying the peace and quiet of home. There really is no place like it.

1 comment:

K said...

Little world traveler!