Tuesday, April 3, 2007

PEEPS & Reese Eggs

Easter trivia;
It took 27 hours to make one Peep marshmallow chick in 1950.
How long does it take today?(no cheating, just guess)
Welcome SPRING! Nothing marks the beginning of spring quite like the site of Peeps and Reese's chocolate covered peanut butter eggs!! The stores are filled with these sweet treats from Wal-mart to Kroger their everywhere. How can anyone resist not having just one??
I am a sucker for the peanut butter egg.................................a more than generous amount of peanut butter and just the right amount of chocolate. What could be better? I stock the fridge at home for that late night after dinner craving.
Spring to me is a conglomerate of chocolate, jelly beens, sugar coated marshmallow, and a little bit of plastic grass all busting out of a wicker basket. Everything is new and restored and eye popping with colorful pastels and bright whites, from head to toe.
So why doesn't the weather co-operate? I anticipated how cute Morgan would look in her short sleeve Easter dress with no tights and cute shoes, but then......I was blow down in the parking lot at work from a northernly 50mph high wind today, and reminded by the weather forecasters the high will be a blusterly 38 on Sunday!! My eager mind has been confused by what I thought was warm weather the other day?!?!?!?! At least I have my fridge stocked and I can finish the two packages of reese's eggs without having to worry about fitting back into that summer bikini top. I am almost sure that the warm weather will not be here for awhile.
Happy Easter long live Peeps and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!!!

1 comment:

K said...

I agree on the jelly beans, but I'm not a big Peeps or Reese Eggs fan. I KNOW!!! I am not right