Monday, May 14, 2007

FOOOOORRRRE!

Mother's Day a day to appreciate all moms who put forth the extra effort to make a difference in a childs life! For all you mom's I hope your day was as special as mine.
I woke to my beautiful baby babbling and sucking on her toes in her crib, yes both at the same time, and I brought her in my bed with me to have her morning bottle. Just like every morning her and I lay in bed talking about our dreams from the night before. On this day I was over joyed that I am having a chance to take on motherhood, and was reminded as I received 7 phone calls all before 9am that I am truly blessed to have this miracle in my life. Not only is it rewarding but it can be all overwhelming and the hours you spend taking on this challenge make you hunger for a much needed time-out!
My time-out consisted of brunch with the family and taking in a game of golf with my mother in-law and sister in-law. When Morgan and I arrived at my sister in-laws we were greeted with a glass of champagne before 11am, and before food, which made for an early buzz.... I was in for a fun-filled day! Brunch at the club house had more food than your average Sveden House with much more flavor. After filling up the men took the children so the women could go golfing. It was my first time on the golf course and I was looking forward to being outside and having a few more cocktails. Who knew having a few drinks on a Sunday afternoon could be so rewarding. Lucky I hear you clapping!! I guess I hit the ball pretty good, judging by the way my sister in-law threw down her club and exclaimed "I'm Out" I think I was hitting better than her at times. Where I really shined was on the green itself, the years of putt-putt paid off! A fun time was had by all, and I think I need to rest up a little to get ready for next year. When we returned home we don't know exactly what happened to the men, they were like cockroaches running for the nearest hole after we flipped on the light. But the children were well feed with powdered donuts and sugar drinks, which reminded us that we needed to sober up and order pizza! By the time I returned home at the wee hour of 7:30pm Morgan and I had all but enough of Mother's Day and were both in bed by 8:30pm and passed OUT.
Happy 1st Mother's Day to me! It was a memorable one. Almost forgot to mention the gifts, not only did SD send me cute pics of Morgan (see previous post) he also made a card with Morgan on the front and wrote a letter from her telling me how happy she is to have a Mom like me and her favorite part of the day is when she sees me after work, and how no one in the whole world could love her more than I do!! It was very heart warming!! It came with gift certificates for Kohl's, Marshall's, and BD's Mongolian BBQ. Morgan also went shopping with my sister and got me a travel coffee mug one with a clear outside to put her pictures in it, a shirt, and candied almonds. Gifts from the in-laws included a new bath robe, Pj's, and a Tim McGraw CD!! Who knew having a child would bring so many gifts!! Just having Morgan was gift enough for me.

No comments: