Friday, July 20, 2007

Hi...I'm Monica

I have a confession to make, I am a clean freak to the point where others see my glare and know their clean is not to MY specifications. It is so bad that this morning I was cleaning the oven, YeHa 6am cleaning the freakin oven! Yesterday I re-folded towels in the linen closet at 5:30am! I don't know where I got this dis-order, it could be old age because I can remember when it didn't bother me all that much, when I was 10 or 11.
We have visitors from another planet (my aunt and cousin age 11) that have been at my house since sunday night. It has been a very hectic week to say the least, not alot of sleep and mass chaois. The house looks like it just threw up stuff everywhere, and there is no way of containing it. I have tried to reason with myself that it is just temporary. The visitors are doing me a huge favor by taking care of my little peanut since I had no daycare this week. The older visitor has been doing laundry, making dinner(that is a NICE surprise to come home to), vaccuming, dishes, and cleaning the toilets. When my sister came to visit she told her "I don't know why your doing that she is just gonna do it over", and sadly my sister is right. I have planned in my head already Saturday is re-organize/clean day. I am more than greatful for all the help, truly I am there are just some things that are MY way, or I go batty. I know Morgan is having a great time.
After this week I have found that living as a single mom is not that bad when you only have to pick up after one little person who doesn't make all that much of a mess(at least not yet). The first day (gave manic monday a new meaning) was the worst struggle, in fact it threw me into a mode of silence with wide eyes just trying to grasp the world spinning around me, not to mention Morgan yelling "I'm OVER STIMULATED" in the loudest baby cry she could find. When they talk it is loud which my aunt was re-assuring me is the way it is at her house because there is always to much going on. The television volume was on higher than HIGH and blaring Hannah Montana(who I find annoying to some degree, could be something to do with her father being Billy Ray Cyrus). As I tried to get a hold of the situation I realized...get the baby Abort! Abort! I quickly grab her and a bottle run to the babies room and shut the door....AAAaaaaahhhh let's re-group in the rocking chair and put baby to sleep. As I held Morgan and we snuggled for a couple minutes she fell asleep I re-assured her and myself 4 more days.
So as the week went on the volume of talking lowered and the routine settled it has been a bit more bearable. Just a few things bother me everyday when I walk in to find bags of stuff still laying under a table, but it is stuff that will go when the visitors leave. The babies room is still in dis-array of clothes clean but not folded the way I fold and need to be put away. For the past two nights the baby has not made bed-time at 7pm and has fallen asleep with a bottle in her mouth around 8-9pm(something that will NOT happen come tomorrow). Plates and cups are now resting in different cupboards but are clean. It is still a cluster of people and dog at the back door greeting me home one of which is my baby reaching out her arms "mommy quick hold me"! which makes me smile and her and I have a moment and are quickly reminded that we are NOT alone. Not until tomorrow when we can nap, clean, and nap!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am a freak in that clutter and bags left under a table would drive me batty. A place for everything and everything in its place. However, I am not such a freak that I would refold clothes or reclean a toilet if it were not done by me. No, instead, that is cause for celebration. Break out the wine and sit back and relax. At least until they are gone.

Anonymous said...

I do refold clothes even when my mother is kind enough to do some laundry, or God forbid James does a load.

K said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who freaks out when things are left all over.... I can't stand it!! Sometimes people think I'm mad that they have left stuff out, it's not that I'm mad, it's just that I'd feel so much better if things were just put somewhere that I didn't see them!

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Confession: my house ALWAYS needs to be dusted & vaccumed. Might be different with out the dog, btu i donno; I'm a slacker :^)