Monday, July 16, 2007

My Sabatical

Yesterday morning my dear aunt came by to pick-up Morgan and take her to a baby shower. When she first asked me if she could take her I was not so hip on the idea. I mean my weekends with my baby are precious and after running with her all week it is nice to have our time on the weekends. But my aunt so wanted to have a little time with Morgan too. So I caved and thought what the heck am I going to do ALL day without a baby?
You guessed it I did what I used to do when I didn't have a baby......I spent 9 hours pulling weeds and cleaned up the yard, swept the garage, vaccumed and cleaned windows in my car, did 2 loads of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, shaved my legs(with the good razor), and sat on the swing with a bottle of beer! I know you are all thinking I have the most glamourous life and your jealous. There is a price to pay when you lead such a life. The muscles you don't use remind you that you should use them more often, such as the smallest muscle in your pinkie finger, and the large one between the back of your knee and your buttocks! I woke this morning feeling as if a trip to the spa would be more benefictial than to go to work and benefit my pocket book.
With all the aches and pains still fresh 24 hours since the beginning of my 9 hours of anal retentivness. It is given me a new outlook to the working out idea I had back in January. I really need to start using the treadmill that still has a note "use me 1-12-07 m.g." written upon the dust that had settled on it last year. So tonight before I go to bed I will force myself to venture to the basement and walk (after I wipe down the treadmill and inspect for spiders and/or any other blood sucking insect) for at least 20 minutes! Wish me luck.......

1 comment:

K said...

Good luck with the treadmill... if there were even the thought of spiders I'd be out of there so fast!

Thanks for the call Friday night. It's nice to know someone is thinking about me!