Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I didn't sign up for this part

My baby girl came down with a case of Roseola in the past few days. It kind of came on last week in disguise she had a low grade fever last Wednesday and I chalked it up as teething. When the temperature did not drop after 3 days I knew it must have been something more serious. Friday was the worst day when she felt just really hot to the touch I gave her a dose of Tylenol and a semi-cool bath and cool jammies and she was very irritable and wanted to sleep. So she slept and I did not because I kept checking on her to make sure she was ok. By Sunday morning she seemed fine and playing and eating pretty good, and no fever so I took her out to the park to enjoy a family reunion (SD did not attend) but it was for his mothers side of the family. While we were there she started to break out in a rash, immediately I thought heat rash, then it was only on her stomach and back. Then I thought maybe she had an allergy so I gave her benadril. The rash did not go away on Monday, so off to the doctor I went. Come to find out all the symptoms point to Roseola! damn it!!
I don't particulary like the part of child raising that includes the sickness and teething and butt wiping massive amounts of poop up the back thank you very much.

7 comments:

The 311 Boys Mom said...

lol.
Parker came down with something, including Roseola & Roto Virus, ONLY on weekend HOckey tournaments.

I'll get a picture of his face & post it, its from a bug bite...he's allergic..............looks like chemo baby; well half his face does.

I didn't knwo about the Roseloa either :)

The 311 Boys Mom said...

**bug bite from Sunday......last yr it was a spiderin his hair line & he looked like Rocky for a week.

Anonymous said...

Dean had that too. But you know me, no Dr visit....I self diagnosed him with WebMD. Another fine example of my great parenting skills.

Anonymous said...

I've heard of it, but does it go away on it's own, or do you need antiboditics?

Morgan's Mom said...

It goes away on its own, no antibotics. Which could have saved me $10 if I would have called Lucky's mom last Friday after 3 glasses of wine.

Anonymous said...

As long as you didn't give Morgan the wine instead of the antibiotics.

Morgan's Mom said...

I am glad the wiskey helped the teething though.