Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Muse

I have spent the last two nights trying to take Christmas pictures of a 13 month old. If you don't know how crazy a situation like this can be, let me tell ya try to wrestle a 16 pound wet seal covered in Vaseline, make it pose just long enough for the camera battery to catch up and adjust to focus only to miss the cute smile before the quick turn away glance only to find the flash didn't go off. THIS IS WHY DRINKING is encouraged on Christmas Day!! All the time and energy you spend to get just the right shot for family and friends should be well rewarded.
Before the display of pictures you will not see in your Christmas card from US let me explain why you will not see the dog(and I mean the real dog not the ex) in the photo. I had every intention on a cute loving embrace of dear daughter sitting in front of the tree with the dog. When I called the dog over she thought it was cutier to tip the baby out of the chair into the Christmas tree knocking the bottom branches out and babies legs in the air while licking my face more enjoyable.(no this was not caught on film) So the dog was cut from the scene and may not be back well not until I let her back in the house.
On with the show....Let's start by cute intentions chair with sleigh (instead of dog)
followed by this shoe must go.......where is the other shoe?
then let's try sitting cute baby in the sleigh........big smile but look at MOMMY!look at Mommy with eyes OPEN!............Ok fine here is your Christmas card picture...............Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I love the card..

Thanks you so much!!!!!

Uhm, I've tagged you again--see my blog for details

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photo opt. I think you should give the dog another try. But do cute PJs on loveable daughter and let her hold a dog biscut or something. THAT would be funny!! seeing a photo of huge dog attepting to eat chubby little hand. We will look for the flashless perfect photo in our box. Love you much Morgan mommy!!! TMP

K said...

even the outtakes are sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate. Except try adding 5lbs and a lot of stubbornness!CPR