Monday, January 21, 2008

Momma said there'd be days like this

I wish Momma was more specific because I don't think I would have signed up for this part of motherhood. The part where there is a non-stop diaper changing for five straight days of diarrhea, and vomit so fowl I'd rather sit in an out-house at the beer tent for an hour after a saturday night crowd (well maybe not that long but GEEZ)!! After the second morning of Morgan spewing curled milk down the front of me and her, I cut her off and refused to give her milk ba-ba which she loves, and replaced it with a tasty full-filling electrolyte cocktail that she refused to drink. So momma tell me how do you get a toddler to take fluids when she does not like Gatorade, jello, Popsicles, water, or anything you try to entice her with in liquid form? As the week pursued it was clear the Flu or a strain of it had invaded the body of my precious cargo. I missed two days of work to tend to my mothering duties which made me feel a little guilty to take a day off to snuggle with my baby and re-arrange the dresser drawers that have been neglected for 6 months, but yeha we can stop piling the clothes that fit on top of the dresser. By Friday I took Morgan to the doctor for fear of dehydration, but all the doctor would recommend is to continue to push fluid of any kind, (how about a frozen margarita? we can share, on second thought here is your own straw). The constant shadow I had with the request to be picked-up every time I stood reminded me that my baby needed me. But my momma never said the whining of a 14 months old would cause you to lose your mind and make you watch hours of Dora the Explorer(Ho la,can you help Dora get to the library?first you go through the forest, then over the draw bridge,that is how you get to the library), Teletubbies(stuffed zombies that will take your childs soul), and Elmo(HAHA) enough said. If your momma doesn't tell you I will it is wise to remove a baby from the tub when she/he has wet gas because what follows if you do not will surely put one over the edge, sending your momma in panic mood while the baby lays on the bathroom floor screaming wanting to get back in the tub, but does not understand why you are frantically scrubbing the tub with bleach. Thank God by Saturday some sanity was restored Morgan began to drink juice more regular and eat more than just crackers. I spent a majority of my week nursing a baby back to health where on the sixth day a reward ensued and we did a happy dance to see hard poop!! As of this morning Morgan was running from room to room chasing the doggie who just wants to leave the room because she keeps poking her in places dogs don't like to be poked, and teasing doggie with a piece of cheese she keeps licking and saying cheeeeessse, without sharing!!! Aw yes my baby will make a full recovery and this Momma is writing to tell you about the episode and many more to follow I am sure, just so you know. Now you will have to excuse me for a few days to re-cover from the baby talk that should be just enough time to get back into kicking ass at Fafarazzi!

4 comments:

K said...

Oh wow... I'm not going to complain about anything ever again.

T$ said...

I have a suggestion for your blog-smaller font sizes. What do you read with a magnifying glass or something?

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Glad she's feeling better. Branodn was puking Saturday & the firsdt 2 weeks of MArch 2005 (when PArker turned 1) he (Park) had Roto virus---which lasted 15 days & althoguh he constantly played, he had non-stop (72 diapers in less than 6 hrs) runs. no vomiting & he laughed & played. Dr said all was well, push fluids, etc. I went to the ER & sure enough so dehydrated he was admitted over night, for non-stop fluids.

& for future refernece. DISNEY channel isn't as bad as the rest. . .. for the parents :o)

Anonymous said...

The troll. You can't forget the grumpy old troll. Can you help solve his riddle so you can cross that bridge?