Monday, March 3, 2008

On with the show

What happens when you give three thirty something women and one just over forty a Saturday night out to see BONO in 3D?? You get a six pack of Bud Light left behind your driver seat two full, three empty and one missing!!
We started out at 5:30 to see a show that started at 8:30, now mind you we had to drive almost an hour to get there because it was playing at the IMAX big screen, which I would highly recommend seeing any 3D movie there the experience is like no other. The four of us dressed to the 9's picked up our tickets before hitting a local travern for some nachos and a beverage, some of us had two beverages. And thirty minutes before showtime we returned to the theater when I challenged a beer run. I thought we could grab a six pack and enjoy a cold one while watching the 3D concert. So two of my friends were on the fence and opted to go stand in line while I yelled across the parking lot "give me beer" and my Superstar friend said I got the big purse let's GO! We left the two girls to stand in line while we went to find a party store but only found Kroger(bonus more points on the Kroger Plus card) to grab a six pack. When we back got back to the theater and stashed three beers in Superstars purse and one in mine, we carefully entered because you could hear the clinging of the bottles. We got to our seats and they mentioned not once, twice, but five times that anyone caught drinking alcohol beverages will be ejected from the show without a refund and forced to pay a fine. DAMN the man! Needless to say the beers got warm while we watched the show which was INCREDIBLE! We drank a beer before leaving the parking lot because we just didn't have the teenage carelessness we once had to drink in the show, but how cool would that have been!! It was a thought.
The night ended early because of time constraints with children the next morning, but I was glad to get out and do adult things, and drive in a car without listening to the Little People sing about the wheels on the bus! It has given me a taste of life while being a mom, damn it feels good!

3 comments:

Kellie Bray said...

It sounds like you were acting like you were back in High School again...you should be ashamed of yourself (for not inviting me!)
:)

The 311 Boys Mom said...

yeah, last time I did stuff liek was that was my baclorette party, or my SIL's. . . .I'm soooo boring!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so who were the two wusses that waited in line for the show.