Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trashy Tuesday

I know you all are just itchin to get an update on Saturday. Those of you wanting to live vicariously through me have a better chance of juicy details by reading a romance novel. With that said dating sucks!! It's a cat and mouse fiasco, a game I am not particularly good at, a game that doesn't get good until you've been in it awhile, a game where I have been riding the bench for quite some time. I may have in fact gotten my hopes up to high, do I want to be the cat or the mouse?
Friday I went to get my hair done and stopped in at Kohls to spend my gift card, all in anticipation of my night out. The haircut turned out to short this time and the shirt I bought just didn't fit right when I got it home. All signs pointed to your not going anywhere Saturday because he hasn't even called you since Monday night, GO to bed, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Also I was relying on my sister to watch Morgan because SD had a baseball tournament he had to coach, and my sister was coming down with some sort of sickness that grounded her to the couch Friday after work running a fever and sore throat.
Saturday I went about my weekend routine cleaning house and wiping baby butts. My sister was sick but went to work and told me she would still watch Morgan if it all panned out. I decided that I would go somewhere but after I put baby to bed, so my sister would just have to listen for her. All morning I contemplated calling BTC but resisted thinking he is the one who asked me out I will not call him to sound desperate. So I waited, waited, waited and waited until 5:22pm!! Get a phone call to say he was sent out of town for work early in the week and just got off the plane but was heading home to get ready for a Pistons game to entertain clients. He felt bad and wanted to meet after the game but didn't know what time. I expressed that it would be to late I am not one to stay out after 12 midnight especially since I have a baby that is on a routine and would be up by 5am whether I liked it or not, I don't have a relief pitcher to let me sleep in. I told him to go have a good time no big deal.
I did however still go out on Saturday to the Algonac bowling alley to hang out with some friends I have recently met at church. We shared a few laughs with a couple of beers and I went home by 12 midnight. I did get a call from BTC around 11pm and he still wanted to meet but I declined.
I did call my mutual friend of BTC, and told her about the situation and she called him later to just get the low-down of what is going on in his life without sounding as if she was getting the info for me. She was happy as was I to find out that BTC is defiantly single again, he is no longer in his long term relationship. So you can all stop the name calling and I can stop looking like a home-wrecker. We will see if BTC calls again and go from there, somehow I think he may, but this time I will be the mouse or is it the cat?

5 comments:

Kellie Bray said...

Nobody would call you names and you are not a home wrecker...so stop it already! I am glad he is single and I hope things work out if you really like him. Now, knock it off before I come over and let you clean up my morning sickness as well as wiping baby butts! Ha!
Thanks for the bday call too!

Anonymous said...

I obviously don't know BTC, but he should have called sooner. I don't care if he was out of town. Last time I checked, cell phones were working in numerous towns across America. Maybe someday they'll even work in Canada and Europe.

Already I think you can do better than BTC. As long as you remember to match those shoes and shirt.

K said...

NEVER GO OUT WITH SOMEONE WHO CALLS YOU THAT DAY.... that became my rule with Napoleon Dynamite and that is the reason we stopped dating... if he is too "busy" to call, until 11 pm... then screw him

Anonymous said...

I say go with the flow. If you do go out with BTC, you will get a feeling one way or the other on the first date. Who knows, he may end up being a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Sista, I liked reading about your Joy way better than the date crash. I also think you will find a better man than BTC. He sounds like he needs a few lessons in courtesy. God will send someone with more civility and respect. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His rightesousness and He will add all you need. pickle head