Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Childs Play

Yesterday Morgan and I were invited by the in-laws for dinner and to take a spin on their new golf cart. It was a nice change from the ordinary pick up the baby, drive home, cook dinner, play, bath, go to bed night we are used to. After the scenic ride on the golf cart the kids wanted to play in the basement where all the toys dwell and there is enough room to run around and be crazy in the furnished carpeted play area.
My five year old niece is at the age where she loves to make up silly songs while jumping rope and making funny faces. It got me thinking of the silly songs we made up as kids when we would grab a friend and slap each others hands in weird contortionist ways(you know what I am talking about). So I asked her if she knew the one about Miss Sue? I started to sing Miss Sue, Miss Sue, Miss Sue from Alabama sittin in her rocker eatin Betty Crocker, watchin the clock go tick tock.....then I got a brain fart and forgot the rest. I know there is one about an alligator purse and couldn't remember that one either. So when I got home I consulted my sister who is younger than me and I taught her how to sing some of the same songs. My sister told me it had nothing to do with Miss Sue it was Miss Lucy. I knocked myself up side the head because you know how old broads get when they don't take their medication....they jump rope like their five and sing;
Miss Lucy had a steam boat
The steamboat had a bell,(toot.toot.)
Miss Lucy went to heaven and the
Steamboat went to...

Hello operator
Please give me number nine
And if you disconnect me
I'll kick you right.....

Behind the 'fridgerator
There was a piece of glass
Miss Lucy sat upon it
And broke her little........

Ask me no more questions
I'll tell you no more lies (and from here I know a different version, *see below)
The boys are in the bathroom
Pulling down their...

Flies are in the meadow
The bees are in the park
Miss Lucy and her boyfriend
Are kissing in the...

Dark is like a movie
A movie's like a show
A show is like a tv set
And that is all I know.

This and many more silly songs can be found here, HAVE FUN!

*Miss Lucy told me all about this the day before
she dyed her hair all purple
she dyed her hair all pink
she tried to dye it polka dot
and wash it down the ....

Sink me in the ocean,
sink me in the sea,
sink me in the toilet,
But please don't pee on ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sittin in her rocker, eating betty crocker, watching the clock go tick tock tick tock banana rock tick tock, tick tock banana rock, a b c d e f g wash those crumbs right off of me , moocha moocha moocha scream!, you were right there was one like that!

Anonymous said...

Betty Crocker What?

Anonymous said...

i know Ms. Suzie had a baby, she named him tiny Tim. She put him in the bath tub to see if he could swim...
There's an alligator purse in that one, but I'm too lazy to type the whole thing...

Your Special Cake! said...

I was appalled to hear my daughter and niece singing:
I don't wanna go to Mexico
no more, more, more
There's 2 cute boys by the
door, door, door.
they grabbed us by the hips
and kissed us on the lips
I don't wanna go to Mexico
no more, more, more