Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Meandering #7

Hey so now that I hold myself accountable for a Monday Meandering I don't make it the rest the week what the??!!!
I really do need to consider getting the internet at home again it would make my posting around here so much easier. I have been extremely busy here at work or when I am not I am reading other blogs in blog world. Kinda like saying hey check out my scrapbook I am really good at it but OH see her scrapbook is so much nicer than mine I'll just spend time with the other scrapbook and get some ideas. Which brings me to the point so many other people out there are better than me at this thing.
Morgan and I had another great weekend together filled with plenty of play and little naptime, and in toddler world will cause mental break down and short fusing by 6pm on Sunday night.
Friday came with drama in the form of SD wanting to spend quality parenting time, so he picked up the baby from his Mom's Friday afternoon. So I made plans to get a haircut and do a little shopping, the plan was simple pick her up feed her dinner, go to park, go home and by that time I should be home, but he called four times during my haircut. One time to see if he should feed Morgan dinner or something because she said her tummy hurt around 6pm(I'm thinking yeha she ate lunch at noon). UGH! I try really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt but by next month Morgan will be illustrating a flow chart to properly take care of her. Seeing that SD has once again moved out of his place with his home wrecker friend he was not going to keep Morgan overnight. Instead he used my shower and said he had a long week and needed some down time in the form of getting wasted at boat night and sleeping at the rest area overnight. Some how he seems to think he overstayed his welcome under my roof and in alot of ways he is right.
Saturday my BFFA put together a great BBQ with lots of food and drink! Our friend from My Zoo came to Michigan for a visit. The rain held off so we could enjoy each others company outside and the kids could splash in the pool. Thanks BFFA and hubby for the hospitality, we enjoyed ourselves.
Sunday was the anniversary of my Papa's death 12 years ago. For the past 11 years I have taken my Gramma to church and the cemetery to put flowers on his grave. My Gramma has always ordered flowers for the alter and have Papa's name put in the Sunday flyer at church in his memory. This year was a little different Morgan and I went to church at KCC in the morning because Gramma did not want to attend church but opted just to get flowers and go to the cemetery. This worked out good because I was really starting to worry how Morgan would do in a traditional church where there is only a cry room or sit in the pew thrashing her tiny body around yelling "all DONE?". I didn't want to sit through the service and communion just to remove the flowers from the alter and go to visit Papa. When we got to the cemetery I realized it was the first time I had taken Morgan there. As we walked through other grave plots to get to Papa I swear I smelled his after shave and velamint candy just like yesterday. Morgan helped me arrange the flowers in the canister above Papa's grave and bent over to smell not only his arrangement but several others around us. I couldn't help but think how much Papa would have enjoyed her and called her stinky just like he used to me. Not to far away from Papa's grave is his parents so Gramma took Morgan by the hand and walked her over to show Morgan her great great grandparents. I had my Gramma's old 35mm camera and took the cutest photo of them walking hand and hand Morgan telling Gramma to hop, hop!
After our Gramma time we went to visit my nephew Luke and his parents. My sister in-law was having a garage sale so I kept her company and loaded my car up with childrens books I didn't pay for. Morgan was able to enjoy more pool time with her cousin where she bossed him around when he tried to play with his toys that she was not playing with. I really do need advice on the teaching a toddler how to share, because I don't think she gets it when she hoards all the toys and yells at everyone else to share! We enjoyed dinner then went home because the melt down of toddlerhood was riding the thin line of me holding my head under water or breaking open a bottle of wine but I choose to drive home and play the music really loud to drown out the yelling! Just kidding she was fast asleep in 5 minutes and stayed asleep until I woke her this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow how sweet to hear Morgan toddling around with her great-grandma. And now I know why you didn't stop by, you were partying hardy everywhere else. Love ya. tmp

Anonymous said...

i kind of like taking the kids to the cemetery. they look @ the other monuments & stuff. it's not spooky to them at all; it's almost like a playground.
i think it cool to bring joy to the place.

K said...

I haven't smelled a velamint in a long time!!!