Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Meandering #8

Here we go another Monday!

My sister and I have been catching up on rental movies. Movies that we always said we wanted to go see at the theater but never had the chance too. Since re-runs have taken over on Oprah and I am burned out on watching CSI(there is like 32 saved episodes in the Tivo) I wanted to change up my TV down time on movies without fast forwarding through the commericals. So in the past week we have strategically placed toothpicks in our eyelids and spent 2 hours in the basement watching movies after the baby goes to bed. I know all of the following movies have been out for awhile so try and take a trip back and humor me on your takes on;

PS I Love You - a love story that had me wondering do people really love each other like that? love letters from the grave and spending hours held up in your apartment with stale pizza and crusty Chinese food, cute but not really a movie to watch while still mending a broken heart.

27 Dresses - uh-huh always a bridesmaid and oh look she is finally a bride, sorry to spoil the ending if you haven't already seen it, but I didn't tell you WHO she marries

Enchanted - I am going to try and whistle a happy song the next time I clean my house perhaps the spiders and wasps will get off their asses and vacuum up the cob-webs and leftover corpse shells of insects past. Then of course the princess gets the prince in the end.

Juno - I never thought a teen pregnancy movie could be so funny. Although creepy at times Juno has a cool sense of humor and handles things well beyond her maturity level, as she states with rolling eyes.

Narnia - the witch, the lion, and the wardrobe - so cool! I have not been scared by a movie in a long time, by that I mean the hollow of the wind and the intense music with the surround sound rumble of animals coming to life, really had me jumping out of my seat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have not seen any of these.
i need a "girls night out" if i want to partake in this kind of melodrama.

we watched National Treaurer 2 (very good), Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (o.k.) and The Bucket List (very good).

Anonymous said...

Wow late nights at your house. Good idea relaxing in the basement when the humidity is taking over the rest of the house. Did you see Narnia, or Prince Caspian? They are like 1 and 2. Both top notch entertainment. Great Spirital messages in both. Pickel Head

K said...

I really wanted to love PS I Love You because I loved the book, but I could only love the dead husband... not Hillary Swank... it was hard