Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Loaded

The days of testing mommie's patience level, otherwise known as the terrible twos is upon me. Somedays are easier than others, and today was the others day...........
This morning my precious angel was cuddly waking up blinking her eyes, saying "hi mommie" We laid in bed discussing how dark it was outside and if we could hear any birds chirping or not. It was a chilly one this morning all about 44 degrees or so my car would read pulling out the driveway. All in all it was a pleasant day to daycare, with our usual conversation being the color of the truck next to us or how many diggers we could see on the way and of course music on or off. So I guess I wasn't prepared when I picked Morgan up from day care, and what would lead to my demise.

As I loaded my girl in the car and started off for home, it took her all of about 100 yards to flip out about the windows being down, "to WINDY"! so I roll up the windows enough to get air. Next it was a meltdown about her shoes being on, "SHOES off" then the socks didn't want to come off because she would rather pull on them at the toe instead of removing them from her heal first, something I have explained numerous times, and for God's sakes child you are smarter than that! We almost made it home when all of the sudden her seat belt straps were too tight, which caused her arms to flail around and her head to spin! when 25 miles ago everything in that area was perfectly fine!

Later that evening after dinner we played with the playdoh, or how Morgan says "make something" code for playdoh. We clean up and get a fresh dress on and her new thing is to wear these boots my SIL gave to me from my niece, four pairs of boots all different colors. Every night this week she wants to run, jump, walk in at least one pair, tonight it was the pink until she saw her cowgirl boot slippers and insisted on wearing those. OK you look great how about we go to the $1 store, she is happy jumping "go.to.store"! I go to place her in the car seat she tightens up her body refuses to have any part of the drive there wants to walk. I almost say fine I will meet you there but thought she may not know where it is exactly. We get to the $1 store with real tears streaming down her face suddenly she sees balloons and is like WHAHA lets go! Mind you I was only going to get a card and a few cleaning supplies, all she wants to do is walk around the store and say hello to everybody,and tell me "here mommie.plates". Needless to say hey person to whom I was sending a card it says Happy Ba-mitzfa but what I really meant was Happy Baptism, hope you understand. On the way out I am reminded of the balloons that my dear daughter now says "want ONE" we pick out SpongeBob.

On the way out to the car I continue to remind her not to let go of "Bob" because he will fly away. "don't fly away" she agrees and is holding on tight. Well I go to put her in the seat and once again it is like a wild beast erupts and your not sure where to put your hands because a tantrum like this could only bring harm, all the while I am being pelted with spongebob balloon in my face! Half way home I tell Morgan do not bite that balloon you will pop it, don't do that you are going to pop it 3 times. Fourth time I go to say it POP there goes $1.06 of my hard earned cash, just so she could bite a damn balloon!

We got home and I had just about all I could take, I grabbed her cuddled her and told her in the nicest of ways you are so lucky you get to put your jammies on an hour early tonight! When all I wanted to do was lock her in the closet and turn off all the lights(except I don't think my closets have locks and it would be a waste of time). Off we went jammies on two of the shortest books to read and Night.Night. Mommie has chocolate Loaded Reese Cup in the freezer, DO.not.mess with me anymore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i LOVE this story. motherhood can be the most frustrating thing ever. and, i too have had thoughts of locking them in the closet...with duct tape over their mouths. good news is, hopefully someday she will be a mother too someday & understand you better...

Kellie Bray said...

BTDT.....Except, I hate to tell you, but I found the 2's to be ok and the terrible 3's...now they were not so good. Hang in there honey, we all have had the duct tape in the closet thought...so don't feel so bad. Just enjoy that chocolate!

Anonymous said...

I assume them to be the terrible 2-8's. I don't have high hopes.

Anonymous said...

I assume them to be the terrible 2-8's. I don't have high hopes.