Friday, August 22, 2008

The extent of my Olympic watching

I have a confession I have not watched nearly as much Olympic coverage as I an American citizen should have. Not that it is a requirement, but I feel left out of some conversations when it is brought up. It seems the times I have dedicated to sitting and watching a portion was the end of the opening ceremony, where I was thinking wow China sure knows how to put on the fireworks display......followed by OH that may be to much smoke and all those people in that stadium eeeee they may need to be treated for smoke inhalation. The second time I turned on the TV and saw a portion of the marathon running through the street and thought that looks painful the huffing and puffing, the running hope they have enough oxygen left over from the opening ceremonies. Another time I saw the gymnastics they were spending to much time on the horse vault thing and I would have rather watched the un-even bars but my time was limited so I moved on to giving the toddler a bath.
The extent of which I know about Michael Phelps is through media coverage and pictures on the internet because WOW! I LOVE America! and what awesome bodies it produces for these games! I know it is to late to take volunteers this year, but next time sign me up for towel duty, or anything that involves the male swimmers perhaps they need help shaving the backs of their legs?? I also want to ask Michael Phelps if that is a real tattoo on his hip, if so can I taste it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you aren't unAmerican, you just need to go to bed at a decent hour and the true coverage went way into the night. I am glad to say I saw some amazing feats of athletic abilities. If you think the swimmers are great you gota see the men's gymnatics~~ flippen muscule baby! So don't worry be glad there are 10 thousand photographers there to catch every shot. Have you seen Phelps wearing his 8 medals? And by the way if you want to write him or have him give an autograph you can send a self addressed envelope to:
Micheal Phelps PO box 1734 Olney, MD 20830-1734 Just in case you wondered.

Your Special Cake! said...

Amen Mama! The only way that pic would look better is if there were little water droplets glistening off his pecs!

Kellie Bray said...

I swam for 2 years in High School and the boys didn't look anything like that. I got to see it all since I have nothing to do but "cook" my little one as long as possible.
Yes, the gymnasts are phenomenal. Muscles on top of muscles!

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one, you just gave me my first look at this Michael Phelps guy! I could choose now to stay up into the wee hours of the nite watching like some, but I think, like you, I will take my three hours of sleep and just go to bed with a picture of him in my mind. Thanks for the peek tho! xoxo A