Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Job Well Done, maybe

So I missed Monday Meanderings two weeks in a row, whatcha gonna do about it??? huh huh! I thought so. I am the only one beating myself up about the issue and this whole holding myself accountable thing is not working. It works as well as my checkbook, which hasn't been balanced in oh I don't know 3 months. When I can't seem to zip my wallet closed anymore because I can't cram any more receipts into it I'll try and get around to it, which was sometime last week.

The only explanation I can come up with is time, time flys. I guess I am just enamored with the fact that I am a single mom who does have enough time in the day to get to everything on the "to do list" which would include picking up toilet paper. How does one forget toilet paper after going to the store 4 times??!! I often sit back and wonder how I made it this far, how I managed to juggle this life I lead. Kinda like the jumping through the wall of fire while on a tight rope all while balancing a monkey on your back. I think I may have referred to my life as a circus but it is the only analogy I can think of at this time. That and why have only the frumpy men over the age of 43 men winked at me on match.com??!! Have I lost my young appearance or is the lack of "likes to dance on tables" make the men my age pass on by??

Whatever the reason I know my role as Mother is already proving to be 22 months well spent. I know this because when we go through the drive-thru my girl not only assumes every window will provide her with "french fries" but also "mommie cappuccino". Which kinda makes my eyes watery because what kid do you know at 22 months says "cappuccino" clear.as.day?! And just this morning the fall allergy season can really have me sneezing in the morning, my girl will bless me everytime which sounds like "bessh you momma" and she then will cough and tell me "I coughin, sick". Then she will remind me that the "moon goin down, sun comin up" at least 50 times before we get off the freeway, then she will yell "school bus" or "see that?" which I am really not sure how to respond to. Then when I finally get her to daycare and hand her off "momma go ta work, make money". Yes the only reason Mommy goes to work is to make money we never actually see or neither one of us even knows exists.

4 comments:

K said...

Men are stupid. That's why the winks are from old gents. Besides, the younger women on-line are all naked or making out with each other, which makes us look really old. Wait, be patient... you know Be Still and know Who is in charge.

Anonymous said...

men are DEEPLY stupid...

Anonymous said...

i think if you add circus...and possibly trapeze to your match.com account, you may get a few more winks...

Kellie Bray said...

Hang in there. Once the old geese are done winking you might stumble upon a young goose who knows how to fly!

OK....I need to go home if I am coming up with crap like that!