Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Monday Meanderings #13

What do you mean it is Tuesday?? Well you could be right I was walking around yesterday in a drug induced coma of cold remedies with a toddler attached to my hip whining about wanting grapes and not wanting grapes unless she was able to sit on my lap at the table and eat them. Anyway being the first day of Fall Morgan felt it fitting to come down not only with a cold the week before but with a rash which made us stay home yesterday morning. For me this worked out great because I never really got the 8 hours of sleep I deserved the night before, so bonus I got a nap from 11am-12:30pm. I know your thinking what does a nap feel like in the beginning of the afternoon when most of us are thinking about lunch? It feels pretty.damn.nice. until the dog starts barking just as you wake because "HOLY SHIT, there is a cat in the yard let me outside!!!" so see your not so jealous anymore are you?
I found a couple hours of time this weekend to sew, yes sew as in plug in a sewing machine Miss Suzy Homemaker, fabric measured(took an educated guess) and bought myself, seat covers for the couch. Tell me is it a good thing or a bad thing when standing in line at the fabric counter to have the old lady behind you admire the mint paisley pattern you choose to use to cover your couch? I happen to think the splash of pink gives it a little character. Here would be a nice insert for a picture but you can use you imagination. I ran out of fabric (so much for the educated guess) just as I was getting in the groove of sewing at 11:45pm on a Saturday night, OH what a challenging life I lead! So I have two cushions that will have to wait for the next time I have a couple hours to myself.
On Sunday along came this head cold that my dear child has been carrying for a week. The cold has now found it's way into my body where it will fester and reek havoc until my cranky old body decides it has had enough, which my body and mind have time differences all the time. So if you'll excuse me, I think it is time for my meds the ones that will hopefully put an end to this suffering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better, GND...

Kellie Bray said...

I hope you are feeling better!