Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Meandering #16

Top of the morning to all of you!! I am not sure where I got the energy but I got out of bed this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. No rolling out of bed turning off the alarm and crawling back under the covers to find a more comfortable spot on the other side of the bed. I just feel the need to mention having a queen size bed all to myself has its advantages. However I was delivering meal on wheels to my good friend dr. Bray this morning so I had to be up and moving early no time to delay, taco lasanga was prepped and ready to go. Morgan went to bed early last night which gave me extra time to prepare to get out the door on time this morning.
Now that I really think of it the whole weekend was a bit like a 32 oz. can of Red Bull, non-stop from the time I left work on Friday. SD was kind enough to pick up Morgan from his mothers on Friday which gave me an opportunity to travel to the other side of town for Grammy's birthday. Morgan and I surprised Great Gramma by showing up on her door step with a balloon. Of course no visit would be complete without the guilty remark of "OH I wondered why you didn't call me all day for my birthday"! ugh I am here that should be gift enough! We enjoyed our visit with Grammy and a few other family members over cake.
Saturday morning we had the chance to sleep in and have breakfast. Then SD called to see if we wanted to go to the cider mill. So we headed out to the apple orchard where we had a blast, feeding the animals, climbing the hay stack, running through the corn maze, taking a hayride to the pumpkin patch and picking out Morgan's first pumpkin and a gourd that she didn't want to put down. Because SD just had shoulder surgery and he was being bull headed and wanted to carry the pumpkin to the car by the stem. The pumpkin stem feeling the need to be released from the 30lb pumpkin let go all over the parking lot 2 cars before we were to put it safely into our trunk. So for the rest of our visit at the cider mill while eating donuts and drinking cider, my toddler repeated "Daddy broke pumpkin......accident" "it's ok, Daddy get a new one" over and over again. Nothing says guilty like your toddler reminding you of your pride. Lucky for us they had pumpkins already picked up front that we exchanged for a new one, not as pretty as the one we picked ourselves but a pumpkin none the less. Stay tuned for the picture edition later this week, you don't want to miss the action shots of mom & daughter jumping off the haystack!
Sunday we went to the Fall Fun Fest at Deneweths with the Johnson family. A little like the cider mill we painted a pumpkin had a snack, ran around the mini-haystacks for the kids, played on the giant sand hill, and rode the train through the haunted barn. My Aunt and cousin met us for the afternoon and we went to lunch then later back to my house so Morgan could open her birthday presents(my aunt can not make it to her party next weekend). All this and no nap but 10 minutes on the car ride home made for an early bed time of 7:30pm for the little one.
Now if you will excuse me I have to rest before this weekend birthday party number two! With a circus theme, there are hot dogs to be purchased and streamers to be hung, and OH popcorn to pop. This should be fun mixing two families of divorce always is!!!! hahaha

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, you made me tired just reading about it all. I am glad you are able to enjoy the fall activities!!! How sweet to go and visit your Gammy, she didn't say it right but what she meant was "Oh, Darling you are alwasy my favorite. I am so glad you brough my sweet grand-baby out to visit my crotchy old self. Thanks"

Taco Lasanga? Got a recipe for that? tmp

Anonymous said...

You are MY SUPER HERO!!!-B.F.F&A

Anonymous said...

a circus themed party sounds fantastic! good luck...

Kellie Bray said...

You are the best. Thanks so much for a delicious meal....and seeing that I didn't have to prepare it...it tasted even better! LOL

You rock and I am blessed to have you in my life!

Anonymous said...

All you need are balloons. lots and lots of balloons. They'll keep Morgan happy and possibly distract some of the not so with it adults- LOL

Anonymous said...

Well as i was reading I hurridly ran to my mailbox only thre wasnt any Taco Lasagna for us?!?! Umm WTF?! LoL
I guess meals on wheel has a no more than 70 mile rule.. xoxo A

Anonymous said...

you are the best mom evar