Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm Sick

Since I don't have a husband to whine and complain to, I choose you dear internet. I am sick with one of those icky head colds. The kind of cold where the mucus gets stuck in your throat and the more you try to clear it the more you cough, the more you cough the more your throat itches and then suddenly the cough stops and what your left with is a headache and the thought of OH my GOD my ears, my ears are plugged how am I going to breathe!!!!!!!! Can someone kindly step in and fill my position here at work, I would still get paid of course, and you could just sit here, or do payroll, balance the checkbook, answer the phone, make coffee, go get lunch for everyone, pay some bills, create invoices, and call on the deadbeat accounts who refuse to pay their bills in full? DEAL????
After I dropped Morgan off at daycare on the drive to work I caught myself glancing behind every 7-Eleven, Walgreens, or Speedway and wondered if it was a good place to hide for the day. I could use Morgan's blanket from the back seat and just curl up in a ball and rest for the next 8 hours, in my car, with the doors locked, you know safety first. Well if you haven't guessed by now I made it to work and lucky for me the bosses are in a training class for much of the day, so I am sitting here with the lights turned off and the phone on low so that the ringing doesn't pierce my eardrum when someone calls.
I wonder how long it will be before someone delivers me some chicken noodle soup? homemade, there is to much sodium in the can stuff, at least that is what Campbells is claiming these days. Oh and do you mind turning up the heat I'm Freezing!
I am trying to look on the bright side though it could be worse. It has just been so long since I whined, it seems lately Morgan gets to do all the whining and it just wouldn't be good parenting if I whine to her, the whole lead by example thing. By the way what makes a toddler get so upset that they think it is OK to knock their head on the floor on purpose? Because I KNOW I never did anything like that, not that I haven't thought about it, but to throw yourself on the floor and head butt the ground imagine that headache.

4 comments:

K said...

OH!!!! Poor you. If I lived closer I'd definately be there for you honey!!!

Anonymous said...

Pick yourself up some pre-made fresh from the Chinese kitchen Won Ton soup on the way home...it's a bit like Chicken Noodle, right? And allot easier to find than homemade Chic. Noodle. AND IT'S ALREADY MADE.

Hope you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

my allergies are kicking my azz. sore throat followed by the cough that won't quit...

it is april yet?

Anonymous said...

If you Whine to a two year old, they don't give you very much sympathy. I tried it!-LOL-Colleen