Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Meandering #18

Thanks to everyone who sent me get well wishes last week. I never received the chicken noodle soup, but lucky for you I don't hold grudges to long unless you were once married to me. I am feeling a bit better today the headache still comes and goes and every once in awhile I will cough and it feels as if a jelly fish is stuck in my throat, but hey at least it is breaking up.
Friday night SD had Morgan over night. I spent most of my time drinking cough syrup from the bottle to wash down the severe cold medicine I was carded for at the store earlier that day. For real people we live in an age where you have to be carded for Tylenol, and seriously I almost gave it back to the cashier because the look she gave me and her secret phone call to the 411 house phone made me a little nervous to walk past any one under age. You should have heard me peel my tires high tailing it out of the parking lot before they established the road block. I made it home put on the cozy pants and wrapped myself in a blanket and looked around at all the books and toys from the night before then decided the effort to pick up was much worse than the time it took me to pick up the remote and vegetate in front of the tube! By 9pm I had regained enough strength to pick up the toys and vacuum because the benefit of vacuuming without a toddler screaming "I DO IT" outweighed the pounding in my head.
Saturday I had a maintenance man from the propane company I use over to replace a faulty valve on the hot water tank I feel like I just replaced. If you are any kind of friend dear internet please drop a house on my head the next time I decide to move into a house in the country one where the gas required to heat the house is propane and the water comes from a well. I am a city girl and even city girls have there limits and I am about at the end of mine. Without the pleasures the city can provide, one that no matter what the heat comes to your home naturally and is not carried in by truck, and the water oh the water doesn't dis-color the $100 hair-do in a matter of a couple weeks and the white shirts, socks, and sheets don't look stained!!! I'm going off on a tangent here but the move out of this current house can't come soon enough. Last week during a fill up because the tank had run low they did a pressure test to find that the valve on the hot water tank was leaking, as in leaking enough to maybe cause an explosion or so that is the urgency the propane company explained to me. So I ordered the part and had it rushed to the house to be replaced, a part that had been recalled so bonus the part was free shipping was not. Story in short the part was replaced and a couple hours later installed for a trip fee of $85.
Without the risk of the house exploding a blessing or a curse depending on the time of day I talk about the place where I currently dwell. Morgan and I rested and cleaned up to celebrate Alexander's second birthday. We had a fun evening with BFF&A and family with food and cake! Little Alexander is such a ham when it comes to being the center of attention alot like BFF&A. The party was a small venue with immediate family that I grew up with in my young years and my adopted mom couldn't say it enough how happy she was that BFF&A and I had children growing up at the same age. It makes us happy too.
Sunday was our day of rest, I was still battling my head cold and Morgan just wanted to jump on her trampoline all day. Which made us all very happy in a warm house with hot water.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hot water! Especially when i get to use it by myself in a shower by myself! xoxo A

Anonymous said...

Exploding propane tank...that doesn't sound like a nice possibility. How close is that thing to your house?

(I'm a city mouse, so I'm not sure about these things)

Anonymous said...

city girl? i'm am the ultimate example. i even jump @ the bunnies in the yard...

Kellie Bray said...

Damn delivery guys!
Every time I mail some chicken noodle soup to someone...it never makes it!

Anonymous said...

You were a trooper to bring Morgan over for Alexander even though you were sick!! THANK YOU for coming!!B.F.F&A