Saturday, November 1, 2008

Smell my feet.....

This was Morgan's first time trick or treating, knocking on doors, russling through the leaves on the sidewalk, and amazed that people give out candy just for knocking on their door. So without further a-due, I give you this video and if you can hear over me and my sister in-law Barb giggling you hear my daughter knock and say "smell my feet".....yes her first door ever trick or treating she remembers the bad thing I taught her, nice. and Oh the lighting sucks but you can imagine it is really cute to see a chicken begging for candy and looking in her bucket for the first time!

Morgan and I traveled in rush hour traffic on a Friday afternoon to the other side of the world where my brother lives to trick or treat with my nephew Luke. We could not have asked for a better evening here in Michigan, most years it is cold, rainy, or even snowing. The kids looked so cute in their costumes. Luke was Spiderman equipped with fake muscles and Morgan was a chicken and clucked on command, "Balk, Balk" while tucking her hands in her armpits and flapping her elbows up and down!
I couldn't help but notice the lack of particaption by kids of all ages escpecially on such a beautiful night. Most streets were dark and you didn't see many trick or treaters like when we were small, I was kidda bummed. After we rounded the block at my brothers, we loaded the truck with the wagon and went to my Gramma's neighborhood. Here are the kids knocking on Great Gramma's door something my brother and I had done for so many years, it was a full circle moment. There was one house that was pretty spooky, one that Morgan insisted I take her up to, this one she was not going alone. As we approached the steps I could feel her legs squeeze my body and her fingers dig into my back, as the monster on the porch handed us candy, she stared her eyes wide so as not to flinch, she watched to masked man's every move. We walked away and she said monster nice, it's OK. It was cute to hear Morgan say tank U, and happy halloWEEN as we left each porch. After about an hour the kids were tired and before we knew it the night was over, til next year, BALK BALK!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute chick. Where is the pink dinosaur? did you get any good chocolate or was it all smarties and tootsie rolls? tmp

Anonymous said...

We had allot of kids out our way...not in MY neighborhood...but in Birmingham.

She's a cute lil chic!

Anonymous said...

that's the most disappointing party...i remember SCREAMING trick or treat. now, the kids are barely audiable...

Kellie Bray said...

Trick or treating has changed alot. I remember running around with pillowcases full until 10 pm. They wanted to turn the lights off at 8 pm.....what a bummer! Morgan looked very cute!