Thursday, October 30, 2008

One of Those moments

I promise to get out a post of the ever so wonderful birthday party soon. IF I can find time to download some more pictures. Let me tell you those happy thoughts could not come fast enough yesterday.
It was a typical day you know the one that wakes you so much earlier than you want to get up. One where before you know it, it is time to leave and I haven't even put on my bra yet and my girl just wants to run around without getting her hair brushed before daycare. Then I throw her in the car with a half toasted waffle while I run around the house be sure all the lights are turned off, the heat turned down, and the dog was let back in, all before 7am.
Another day where I am running late as usual to drop off the baby at daycare and make it to work before 8am, then the day just turns crazy at work. A new machine is being installed but the shipping department forgot to unload a box that they already signed for and you pray that the trucking company hasn't crossed the border yet to get that ever so important software main brain package back to the shop.
Then I discovered my bank changed their rules again and decided to hand out NSF fees to anyone who decides to use their debit card the night before the direct deposit is to be put in your account. A bank system I thought I had working in my favor where if after banking hours I use my debit card then the transaction won't go through until the next day is not working in my anymore. Apparently if you use you card for any purchase it will be posted on that day and it doesn't matter if you have been a long time customer or not, fees will be applied for each item you over draw. Yeha I am rambling entirely way to much about the damn bank who as a courtesy has reversed the charges until next week when I try to beat the system again!
On my way home I had to return some items not needed from the birthday party at the mall. Where I went by Panera Bread to keep my girl quite with a bagel and myself energized with a coffee. We picked up pictures from our photo shoot with Alexander and headed home.
My sister called to remind me there was no milk at home, so I had to stop at Meijer on the way. By 6:30 pm I must have looked frazzled at the store, trying to compromise with a hungry two year old who insisted that she wanted to sit on her knees in one of the short baskets at the store. I insisted she sit oh her hinney, which I could tell was not going over well. A woman walked past gave me a friendly smile and said "it only gets better", suddenly I felt like a failure. So I took Morgan out of the cart and had her walk along side holding the basket, where she complained whined insistently. In her hast to stop the basket to get back in she threw herself on the floor and bopped her head, I scooped her up and she wailed. I pleasantly shot straight for the milk cooler conveniently located at the BACK of the store. All the while the people around me glanced behind their shopping list and somberly sleeping babies in their infant carriers. Deal with it people did you wake up at 5am this morning???
We eventually made it home in time for a quick dinner, bath, and before you know it bed!

4 comments:

K said...

I am tired and my head hurts for Morgan's head bopping! just reading about your day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..it only gets better. Wait until Morgan starts asking you why you have to go to work and why can't you play legos with her at 7 in the morning. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

have you tried using your debit card as a credit card? that usually gives you a couple extra days...

Anonymous said...

Well today can only be better!!
I bet it was just the mid week blasé that was wrecking havoc on your lovely world. And if you think your peanut is the only child thowing a fit in a grocery store than you just need to look around a bit more. She'll get better, she has the best mommy to show her how to behave. tmp