Thursday, February 26, 2009

Out like a Lion, In like a Lamb?

At least I think that is the expression one uses to define Spring and Winter, or the likes of the blog postings around here. Let's just forget about what's been going on for months and get to what is going on today.
(sound of crickets fills the air)
I have been hit with the wicked cold bug that everyone seems to be getting these days. The pressure my head is able to with-hold is set on warning extremely high. I am almost certain it will burst at any moment given the amount of pain in my ears and behind my eyes.
Morgan still has the same type of cold minus the amount of pressure she can sense going on in her head given how long she can resume whining longer than I can resume listening. Why do toddlers whine in pain when they don't get the right color sippy cup of milk?? or when they don't like the choice of pants for the day?? or the size of banana slice you put on their plate, only to find out they wanted the whole banana?? Oh yes the patience of parenthood be it ever so humble grant me strength so as not to hide in a closet or an underground storage area until this age of self independence and choice has passed.
In other news I just purchased a new pair of wicked bowling shoes I hope they get here before the end of the bowling season. The shoes I have been sportin' have taken on a certain smell and just don't slide like they used to. If the shoes don't improve my game at least they will improve my look and the need to place an odor eater inside my bowling bag.
The weather is a balmy 4o+ degrees today which makes it feel a bit more spring like around here. Spring is just tip-toeing in the great State of Michigan, nice to see it can get warm even if it is only 40 degrees warm.
I just started reading a book my imaginary friend suggested. I like to say I just can't put it down, which in part is true for the past 3 nights I have woke at 2am to find it still in the clutches of my hands only it is still on page 6 and laying face down on my chest. The cold medicine has this effect on me that when taken in large amounts I pass right out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have new bowling shoes too!!!

Anonymous said...

I am reading a wonderful book too~ Mine is about Mack and his encounter with God. So far I am on page 205 an hope to finish is by tomorrow. I have a few problems with it "Hebraicly" but over all I am loving it.

Never owned my own bowling shoes, you are amazing!!
pickel head

Kellie Bray said...

Good to see you back instead of on Facebook. My hubby is on there too much and that site is now annoying me. I will see you around 4 still??