Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Preparing for the Next Step

I'll have to admit I have been staying away from this place simply because all that is pondering through my head these days, last week, last month is "The Move". I know it is imminent has been for over a year now, I have been fortunate to have a roof over my head this far. I don't know where "The Move" is taking us just yet there are options out there.
The house where I reside has been the one permanent fixture I have lived in far longer than any other in my life, or of what I can remember. Growing up we moved alot always staying in a particular area so as not to be to far from family or the same school, but a different house. When I graduated from high school and went off to college I moved 3 times in one year. I am an expert when it comes to moving and getting from point A to B without using a whole lot of time and energy packing un-necessary boxes when your just gonna un-pack them in a couple hours. I learned to keep momentum's to a minimum and invested in hard plastic containers for the items you can't live without but don't look at everyday.
This time feels different, IS different. I have a same child who comes with more than I have ever had in my life time. I also have eight years worth of "stuff" that has accumulated and will be purged because "stuff" that once occupied over 2000 square feet will only bring clutter to less than 1000 square feet.
I am overwhelmed and hopefully,
Patient and over excited,
Optimistic and faithful,
Disappointed yet blessed to have another opportunity of one door closing to find another one opening to a new chapter of my life.
"The Move" will not be permanent at least that is how it feels, but a stepping stone in the right direction to something that will undoubtedly bring something much more than what my mind can wrap around at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be fine! And it will help your sense of of well being not having that huge house hanging over your heard and knowing that the move is still apon you. It will be good to have it DONE.

Kellie Bray said...

It will be a move for the good! Hang in there baby!

Anonymous said...

You showed me how easy it was to move. I miss you so much and I really hope I can get up there to see you soon.
Love Vicki