Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Some Kind of Wonderful

Tonight I was overcome by the Mother I have become. In just two plus years I have raised this tiny person of whom I would give my last breath. Everyday it amazes me the knowledge Morgan has already absorbed yet is never full. She can show many emotions and understands if I am sad and knows how to replenish my joy. My daughter is a never ending gift of love, full of the strongest hugs, and the sweetest voice as I lay her to sleep she can instantly melt my heart, when she tells me goodnight Mom. Before bed she asks me to sing her a lullaby, a familiar song that I have sang to her since she was born and the only song that would calm her on long car rides.
Tonight I held my baby girl a little longer than usual rocking her and listening to her breathe upon my chest. I thanked God for giving me this opportunity to raise a gift only He could have brought to this earth. It is a blessing to have a warm house, with basic necessities, and more than what we really need. He has given me the arms to warp around this little one that will one day over fill. Thank you for giving me the extra time tonight to hold Morgan peacefully and reflect on the blessings in my life.
Tonight I had a overwhelming feeling of peace that I am going to be ok, we are going to be ok. I am not alone because as I held my baby girl I felt a warmth around me of His presence. In my heart the relationships of family and friends that have grown out of my experience into single Motherhood that continue to grow.
Tonight instead of feeling alone I feel more collective.

2 comments:

K said...

What a wonderful moment!

Just a Chick in Michigan said...

I finally updated my blog :)