Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Meandering #21

There is this fine line of a talking toddler who understands what you are saying and talking toddler who is selective in what you are trying to say. Lately Morgan has become this tiny human who understands she is whining like a baby who needs juuuice momma juuuuciy momma in the Mickey Mouse cup with the blue top not the cute Minnie Mouse cup with the pink top. Perhaps maybe my respond time is on a different timer than hers, no wait it is on a different timer mine works at a 36 yr old level hers is 2.6 yr old level much faster. I find myself telling her just a minute alot to which she will repeat her request but only at an irritating higher pitch whine than before. In my mind my voice turns to her to say "There is no Mommie only Zuul"! and she is content to wait until Mommie has a second because whoa that is a wicked voice and you just grew horns. But that doesn't really happen so as calm as I can be, I look her in the face to reply until you ask like a big girl who doesn't whine you will get your juice and use the majic words. Then she gets this little curled bottom lip thing going and says please and clearly announces what she wanted in the first place. Then blame it on my eagerness to please I frantically search the house for the Mickey Mouse cup with the blue lid so the child will remain calm. Up until she wants a snack of dried pasta noodles not the bow tie the elbows, in a red cup! ugh. I know this stage will too be short lived just like the first 6 months without sleep, both make a mothers mind think things you never did before, like locking yourself in the closet. The next phase which WAIT don't tell me I want to be totally surprised, that and I don't have the time to look up tricks to tame a chimpanzee.

Moving day is only 20 short days away and I am no closer to packing than I was last Monday and I am not the least bit worried about it. I am sitting here looking at a pile of toys and mindless clutter of an address book that has more pieces of paper sticking out of it than pages in the actual book, I blame that on my family upbringing, my Grandmother has an industrial sized rubber band keeping her address book together. And that is just on my desktop! However I do have more than a dozen boxes packed sitting in my kitchen with what else kitchen stuff ready to go. I do plan to get more done tomorrow when the sun returns, the gloom of the day really makes me lazy.

I am still off on Mondays from work, my paycheck reflects the crappy end of it, while the sleeping in and not having to deal with the manic Mondays is the joyful side. I am still hoping to get back to a full work week sooner than later. I may just be packing up the truck and knocking on the door at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and checking into a room there. Then will see how quickly the stimulus package gets this economy moving after listening to my girl all day ask for more juice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean only lasted about 2 seconds in that stage...probably because I DID tell him "There is no mommy, only Zule!"

Kellie Bray said...

I can come and help you pack....you keep turning me down!! I will just show up next Monday!