Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A year, really?

It has been quite sometime that I have even attempted to write here, writers block perhaps, or maybe no time. So much has happened in a year, new love, new house, new family, new car, my girl turning 4, wow I need to start writing these things down. Where should I begin how about here like now and then digress as I go, ready? ok here goes................
Currently A Mom and Her Girl is living with A Man and His Boy, oh I feel a title change coming on. We are all adjusting pretty fine, with the what I call normal transitions a blended family could expect I guess or at least what I call normal considering my upbringing. It is so different raising a child when you have a partner, something I am experiencing for the first time.
In a year it has taken me sometime to get used to the fact I have someone who is willing to take care of my girl while I am needing that Mommy down time. In the beginning I was apprehensive to say the least not wanting to take advantage of my new love, but he is more than happy to give up his time to spend time with my girl. They have a bond now one that I hope and know will only grow and I know he will be a great example of how a little girl should be loved.
We have been in our new place for over a year now and it still feels like a new place but with an old feel, it is comfort, it is where we hang our hat along with our clothes, shoes, toys, and stuff. Oh the stuff! It feels like I have been purging for a year with nothing to show but room for no more stuff!! Our home is where love resides with our stuff and that is all that matters to me, I can't imagine where I love to be more.
The wonderful man in my life has earned a nickname as Hot Toddie, or my Todder (as Morgan refers to him). Todd has brought more to my world than I ever thought or expected to have if I ever wished on the brightest star. Besides my lil' girl he brings me a feeling of "love" and self-worth. More on him later.
I guess you can say there is a new spark to start writing again, after a year hiatus this should make for some interesting reading to come.

No comments: