Monday, January 22, 2007

First Night Out!

Well I did it 11 weeks and 2 days later I went out.............had a couple beers in an adult atomosphere and was even around people who smoke and didn't bitch about it. I am NOT a smoker but have friends who do and have been known on occasion to mention that it bothers me, (or so I was told). That is another blog in itself. Back to the going out part, a great friend of mine was so inclined to come by and listen in on my lil peanut, while I ventured to spend quality me time. On the way to my destanation in the car I had time to ponder and reality hit me WOW I am a mom responsible for raising a tiny miracle! What type of example am I setting going out and having a couple drinks?? I should be wanting a babysitter when I need to go out during the day shopping for essentials or getting a manicure, not to go drinking. Then I thought get a hold of yourself it isn't like your going out ALL night and she is in good hands, try to enjoy the few hours of alone time. Is this what mom's go through the struggle of right and wrong way to go out? Needless to say the struggle did not last long when I sat down and had a beer and enjoyed conversation amongst friends. But being a good mom, I would like to say that I may only be participating in late night maybe once a month. Or until I get more comfortable with the fact that my daugther is going to be ok and she probably didn't even know I was gone. Following my night out I came home to my wide eyed fuzzy hair beauty, awake and well drinking her bottle and in total content clean diaper and warm pajamas. I thought for sure I was done for. She looked as if she was not going to go back to sleep after all the excitement of a new woman (my friend) feeding her a bottle and changing her. Much to my suprise after thanking my friend and turning the house off for the evening my angel was more than happy to be rocked to sleep by her mom. I had fallen asleep myself and had a hard time trying to peel my butt out of the rocking chair and get to bed. Morgan even slept a little longer the next morning which made me happy to get a few more zzzzz's. Sunday was PJ day and we enjoyed time together which made my me time even more enjoyable and rewarding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you sent me the link to your blog Michelle! You are a great writer and I plan on keeping up with you every day :) The pics are so cute too! Talk to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

You should not feel guilty about going out to have a few adult beverages with friends. Your babysitter time should not be used for fetching groceries etc. You need to have a life too or you will be an unhappy mom. Morgan wouldn't like that!

And next time, i will be sure to blow smoke in yoru face- LOL

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I struggle with the same thing all the time & one of mine is grown, I jsut feel like I had my time. Now my time is theirs. I'm workign on that. So we "couple Bowl" everyother Saturday---I broke 100 like 3 times now. I'd rather see a movie.....don't tell the hubby, he thinks we have a great time (he's a 250+ bowler). & I HATE the smoke too! :)