Thursday, January 18, 2007

What is your Job position??

Perhaps you are a ;
CEO-keeper of the money and ruler of the rules livin the high life and maybe you got there by putting in long hours/days by staying in school and coming up with some great idea that everyone surely needed, or maybe;
General Laborer-the pee on who didn't care much for school and is forced to live on min. wage with five children in a modular home south of the city and drive a 15yr old Buick or perhaps;
Skilled Trade-somewhere in the middle stayed in school participated long enough to get a slightly higher pay than min. wage to make a better living in the city to live in the suberbs driving the same car everyone else does to and from work and home.
Now don't get me wrong I am not knocking any professional or personal choice one has made in his or her life. I have been down a long road and still haven't thought of an idea that everyone needs hence I am NOT a CEO, but have lived on min. wage and now spend time in the Skilled way of life!!
And would now like a gig at Google.............that is right Google the Ruler of the search engines on the internet! A couple guys about my age came up with a way to make all our lives a little more enjoyable in how we surf the net. So enjoyable for them that they are a $150 Billion Company (how many zeros is that???as my boss said when you have to ask that it is alot!). Which makes me and 1299 other people who send their resume to Google a DAY want to work there. In short 11 cafeterias of gourmet food, world class gym (after pigging out at the cafe), a dry cleaner(to get your duds ready for the tour of the town), hair salon(so you look damn good after working out, and going out on the town), conceirge service(to tour the town lookin so damn good with your new hairdo and buff bod), daycare(wonder if they watch your babes while out on the town?) and forgeign language class(in case your in the wrong side of town) all FREE! Don't feel like working put your play clothes on and enjoy a game of pool or ping pong, raquetball, did I mentione the wave pool, you name it Googles got it. With a job like that no one would have to pass their time building blogs, or surfing the net or slaving over a hot grill at Burger King! Sign me up!! If you think this is all in my imagination think again search Google for the best place to work and they are at the top of the list says Fortune & Money magazines, if you come up empty go to Oprah.com and see for yourself, if she is talking about it you KNOW it has got to be GOOD!!

No really until then I am content with my 7-3:30 job which pays good considering I am spending time making up this blog. For the most part we are a little like Google...On most days I run out to get lunch for the boss's and myself they pay so I get free food. They have mentioned it would be ok to bring my darling daughter in to work (the week after giving birth because the chic I trained forgot how to do my job the day after I left for maternity leave). As for the work out every once in awhile I have to go up stairs to retrieve job sheets from the archieves. The forgeign language well I did have to learn shop talk like "dude", "I don't know" and "F*#K" alot, which is funny when the guys all pretend to be respectful and turn their backs before saying a swear word. We don't have alot of room for a raquetball court or ping pong table but we are considering building a covered shelter outside for picnic tables to enjoy our lunches. All this and two weeks paid vacation. Maybe next year I can use my vacation time touring the compound of Google on my second interview!

No comments: