Wednesday, January 31, 2007

HOT water please!!!

Four days and counting.....
I enjoy the simple pleasures in life baby smiles, sunny days, puppies, cheap wine, warm pajamas, fuzzy socks, chocolate, but most of all HOT showers. It all started Saturday night when the propane tank ran out of gas! I miss the days of living in the city, when you didn't have to worry about a simple pleasure such as heat. I am sure all of you educated people know how a propane tank works when your out of gas your pretty much screwed!! And it always seems to happen on the coldest night of the year and at the latest hour on the weekend when yes the propane company can threaten you with a $150 trip charge! Are you sure you can't wait until monday AM, um let me think uh-NO! it is 50 degrees in my house at 10pm on a saturday and the heat has been out maybe 2 hours, dumbass!! Why don't you let me come to your house while you sit your cold ass at mine and wait til monday to fill it! I digress :( Mind you I put myself on the budget plan with the propane natzis for a reason, 1-I can't afford $900 on the drop of the hat when they fill every 6 weeks in the winter and will not fill next time until it is paid off, 2-it seemed reasonable to be on the budget plan to pay them in smaller amounts every month since Sept. to keep me full, but #2 doesn't work when someone doesn't let the delivery guy know I am on the budget plan and it is ok to have a balance on the account that will be paid eventually, please fill. Yes this stopped him from delivering last week and thus running the tank out and causing mass caios at 10pm on a saturday night!
Now Morgan and I were staying over night in the hills of Oakland Twp with my sister in-law thank goodness. The house is not only beautiful but warmer than the inside of your mittens around a cup of hot cocoa. So we were good. My sister discovered the smell of gas and the slightly cold temperature in my house while checking on the dog, thus prompting the call to me, who then had to wrestle the propane natzi to deliver the gas. The gas was delivered the tank had enough to get by until monday after working out details of my plan with the propane company. Needless to say they called me on monday morning to apologize and let me know the truck was on the way to fill and it wouldn't happen again. Yeh heads are gonna roll if it happens again!
Now mind you the house in the hills that is warm and snuggly but has its problems too. On saturday night the hot water in the house decided it was only going to stay luke warm during the cleaning of food fest #2!! Food fest #1 was just after Christmas and prompted me to stay one extra night to help finish off the chocolate cheescake, but that is a whole other post. Anyway the luke warm water I guess sometimes happens why is for someone like the handy man to figure out hell it will get hot again sooner or later. I was hoping the next morning while stepping into the shower it was at that point of hot again but noooooo..... maybe later?. So I settled for the luke warm shower with just a quick wash and go of the hair and washing important parts. I hope you house in the hills has HOT water by now, because I still don't!!
Yes you read it right, no HOT water.............After the propane runs out in a home the furnace and hot water tank must be re-lit well because they went out from lack of propane coming into the house. So when they filled the tank the delivery man re-lit the furnace but forgot to light the hot water tank next to the furnace?? I was not there I could not supervise, I can not be everywhere!! Monday morning I woke to no hot water, thus no shower makes for a bad hair day not to mention cranky because I miss my simple pleasures! So I asked the neighbor to kindly light the hot water tank because I do not know how and frankly it scares the hell out of me to think of even trying. The neighbor without a second thought helps me out, gotta love the neighbors! All is good or so I thought, Tuesday I notice the shower not so hot as I would like but hot enough to get in & out. I am in a hurry anyway baby crying wants to be fed. I think to myself maybe it hasn't quite heated the water just yet tomorrow will be fine. That would lead us to this morning, no hot water..........it felt as though it was gonna warm up but no. What does it take for a woman to get a HOT shower these days? Did I miss the memo that hot showers are now taken off the simple pleasures list???? I will gladly pay for just 10 minutes tomorrow, PLEASE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- maybe you should try a nearby truck stop to grab a hot shower at. You know, one of those Super BP stations. You'll only pay a few bucks and get quite a few appreciative looks, I am sure! Maybe one of the out of staters can hold Morgan while you shower.
Or here's a thought...have that good for nothin SD come take a look at it!

K said...

take a lesson from me... learn to light your pilot lights... I know it's scary, but it's so worth it when you figure out how to make the hot water work on your own!