Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Peaceful Rest

Well Morgan and I have come to a new stepping stone this weekend....sleeping in her crib and out of Mom's room! One of my hen friends from girls club talked me into last week. I was apprehensive at first, because I thought I am going to be more worried listening for her. But boy was I surprised! Morgan slept for 5 straight hours the first night and me about 4, and she only wanted a short feeding in between, and sleep another 3. YEH!!! Hopefully it won't be long and she will sleep through the night.
In other news winter has finally hit Michigan! Not that I am a big fan of the cold and the drivers who become assholes because they seem to think 70mph is a requirement at all times!! Now that I am a Mom and carrying precious cargo I get even more angry at the Jack-Ass who decides that 72mph in the fast lane is to slow and decides to go passed you on the right while cutting you off only to slow down in front of me, because the guy in front of me was only going 73mph!! All the while it is snowing, sleeting, raining, and dark people for christ sakes SLOW DOWN!! But I am a fan of the glittering snow covered trees and homes and everything looks so quite and warm beneath the fresh blanket of snow. Even though it is colder than the butt of a polar bear.
I can't wait for the day Morgan and I can go sledding. Remember how exhilrating it was to get into the red molded plastic tabagon and sled like a bat out of hell from the highest part of whatever hill you could find? The hardest part was getting up the hill after the ride down, in a snow suit that made you look like the stay puff Marshmallow Man, (less the stupid bib!). I guess I should start hitting the gym now so I can be in shape, to make that trip up the hill, unless of course someone has invented some kind of lift.
Well here's to a good nights sleep and the stress that makes us appreciate that sleep even more!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you finally put Morgan in her crib! Crazy girl! Here's to another night of sleep coming your way!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB!!! Parker will be 3 in March & still comes in my room at either 2:35 or 4:06, EVERY MORNING!!!! It's a good idea to break the habit now; OTHERWISE, you'll get 3-6 hrs everynight for, well, it seems like FOREVER!! :)
I'm thinking I might start one of these.......:)

Anonymous said...

What good news to know your little angle is resting soundly in her very own bed, not one of those crazy rolling pack and plays. I am sure you and she will be enjoying many nights of restful slumber. GREAT WORK GIRLFREIND