Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Impeding Traffic

impeding; adjective
preventing movement; "the clogging crowds of revelers overflowing into the street"
Yep that is what I am a reveler.......
reveler; noun
a celebrant who shares in a noisy party; "the clubs attract revelers as young as thirteen"


Last week while out par-taking in my obligatory duties for work, getting new cellular phones at Circuit City for over an hour, which is fine not complaining it ran into my lunch hour and it was giving me time to get a much needed car wash. A car wash that could end up costing me $128.00 if the bastard cop shows up in court on May 17. As I was leaving the store I proceeded to turn left out of the parking lot and upon turning looked up to notice the NO left turn sign, and lucky for me a cop was sitting in the hotel parking lot on the opposite corner just waiting for revelers to clog the street. Apperently he is not much of a partier and would never impede and could not clearly see the traffic was clear and I was not in any way preventing movement of others. If I had prevented movement others it would have made my get away so much easier!! So I being a law abidding citizen (except the disregard to street signs the size of the hood on my car) pulled over before he even turned his lights on. But he still turned the lights on to get the full effect when he stopped behind me (are the lights suppose to make them feel like a slot machine that just hit it big?) In my attempt to get out of the ticket I asked the officer, when did they put up that sign? because I see people making the same turn I just did all the time. In his remark he chuckled and said over a year ago. In my head I was kicking myself because I didn't wear the cleavage shirt and put on my red lipstick. So as he sat in his patrol car for what seemed like several minutes he returned with a ticket. Not just any ticket, it was a "letting you off easy ticket" or so he said. Impeding traffic is a much lighter sentence than say an illegal turn that would give you points on your record and in turn make your insurance rates go up, but the ticket for impeding is larger in fines. Thank you Jack-Ass officer for having consideration for my points and overall insurance rate!!! Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. next time just pop your top "accidentally" despite no showing cleavage...although...it may seem a little strange if wearing a turtle neck...