Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thou Shalt Not Whine


As I tried to catch up on my TIVO, which by the way has got me totally overwhelmed. I had to stop recording some shows because I am limited to two shows a night, and that is when I don't have things to do after work. So need less to say I have had one to two nights when I am not busy with other things. So when you record, wow just counting off the top of my head 5 shows some are on once a week others everyday, that is some serious TV time that I probably really don't need but crave.
During my viewing pleasure the other night 1 of 10 Oprahs that I recorded to watch had a very interesting topic "More Good News" which was about a few good things that made me feel like I really needed to do something to make a difference. Damn Oprah I think she sends subliminal messages!
One guest in particular has me still thinking three days later, wondering could I be up for the challenge?? Could I stop complaining for 21 days straight? Could You? At Christ Church Unity they are dedicated to making the world a more positive place. In their quest to help everyone to be more positive they have designed a purple wristband(one of those rubber things that everyone was wearing for Lance Armstrong in his fight to beat cancer). They are giving them away for free! over 4 million already have been given away. Now the challenge is to NOT complain for 21 days!! After placing the purple wristband on either wrist everytime you complain you switch it to the other wrist and start your 21 day challenge all over again! Apprently it takes 21 days to reset your mind to think more positively. Of the 4 million only 26 people are on the record for completing the challenge.
Now like everyone I started to wonder what do you consider complaining? Well complain or a complaint both have the same meaning, just one is a verb and the other a noun. Seeing that I complain quite a bit, sometimes without even realizing it maybe I should try. It certainly would make the blog more interesting or would it? Considering I started this blog just to bitch and complain about some things I just have no control over. It would mean that I have to put a little more thought into what I would like to express. Is the internet world really listening anyway? Maybe if I just challenge myself but not when I am writing or saying the complaint out loud is that considered complaining? See I am already complaining about not complaining. Make it stop! So are you with me??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I complain, therefore I am. Complaining is sometimes necessary to keep a hold of one's sanity. I need all the sanity I can hold onto.

K said...

I totally could not complain for 21 days, if I was living in a beach house in South Carolina and all I had to do was watch the surfers on Folly Beach during the day and eat fresh seafood every night.

Can you arrange that for me PLEASE!!!

Anonymous said...

Anyone with a husband must complain!