Thursday, May 17, 2007

Impeding Traffic - Revisited

Today started off good, I woke at my usual time and before baby so I was able to take a longer shower not just wash the hair and go. I didn't feel rushed or hurried. Most days I feel like K (see #3). Morgan told me a short story while I changed her this morning. I even had enough time to get coffee for my long drive into work (because construction sucks and unless I get a boat or helicopter the drive is an extra 30 minutes)! My hair even cooperated this morning.
So why couldn't the judge be just as good and rip up the silly ticket I got last month? for a sign I SWEAR has not been in existance for very long, but her and the cop swear it has. I took two hours out of work to be told that unless I pled guilty and pay my fine I would be charged for court fees as well as points on my record if the asshole cop takes the stand and proves I was at fault. Come on you look like a nice lady judge why can't you give a hard working single mom a break?? is what I wanted to say but seeing that I was the first one in front of oh 50 or so people behind me, I was at a loss for words and she did all the talking. Seeing that she is the one with the big title "Magistrate" and not a "commoner" I thought whining to her first thing in the morning was not going to fly. So I simply changed my plea and paid my damn ticket, I am a weak peasant!! As I whined not to the judge but to the woman behind me about the $125 fine she simply said it could be worse I may go to jail for impaired driving with a much larger fine. Yep I have it much easier and should just keep my trap shut! I should take advice from my daugther and just stick my whole foot in my mouth, she is so good at it right now.
The day is now a gloomy one not only is my pocket book $125 lighter and I will not be eating until next week(bonus weight loss). I had to go out for work and my hair is now sticking to my head because of the drizzled rain and high wind I had to run through when I got out of the car.
I am really looking forward to the Grey's Anatomy party tonight, one glass of wine should chill me out or maybe two depending on the drive home.

1 comment:

K said...

GGGAAAHHHH!!!! So sorry!