Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shots post bar days

Shots are a little different than they were in my 20's. These shots don't have funny names like red-headed slut, blow job, oatmeal cookie, or jagger bomb. Gone are the days of sovernior test tubes of all the new pucker apple, raspberry, or root beer flavored liquor you can handle. Now a days shots that I refer to have names like Hep B, Hib, IPV, and PVC just to name a few.
Yesterday Morgan had to go to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. Something I have been putting off for a couple weeks already and finally gave in to the constant good angel on my left shoulder saying be a good mommy. The reason I had been putting off the doctors office is so that I didn't have to go through watching a new nurse take a stab not once but 3 times at my daugthers legs. The new immunization chart for children these days is just INSANE!! I know with all the new dieases out there one can't be to cautious, or can you? I just hate the few days after she gets her shots she stares off into space and is irriatable, feverish, and tired it makes me nervous. I know it is probably all normal many kids go through it everyday. I just feel it is a little extreme to be pumping chemicals into a 14 pound babbling bundle of joy.
Other than the shots Morgan is a whole 14 lbs 13oz and 21 3/4 inches long, a little short for her percentile, and is doing what her milestones say she should.
By the weekend Morgan and I should be over the whole shots ordeal. Just in time to share in my first mothers day, which I am so excited about. Not only do I get a small break for a brunch with my MIL and SIL followed by 9 holes of golf that I have never played but am going to give it a try. I can't wait to come home and just be with Morgan, to enjoy a life I created and continue to be ever so greatful at the chance to be called a MOM!

1 comment:

K said...

Poor Morgan! I feel for her having the shots, but we do need to protect that little bundle of beautifulness!!!

Happy Mother's Day to you Missy!