Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You wanted to smell my laundry

Here it is the moment you have all been waiting for a good dose of what the hell more can I do. I could say my life has been busy the last week but that would be an understatment. I am busier than a one arm coat rack on the warmest day of the year!(don't ask me it is an expression I heard some time ago and thought I might use it)
So I have been here there and everywhere and will continue to be for the remainder of the month because you think I would learn to say no after having a baby and spend more time relaxing at home, but that is no fun.
We participated on saturday in the 5 mile walk for Susan G Komen and women who are haunted by breast cancer, and will join the American Cancer Society in the fall for the same cause, come join us. I want to give back to my dear aunt for her stuggle and celebrate her 5 years in remission, mmmwwwwaaa, LOVE YA!
Then of course sunday was Fathers Day! I made plans with my father to take him to church (something he never does, and almost thought he would come down with some illness when I got to his house to pick him up) but he went and enjoyed himself. The church I attend is very unique in the sense that the entertainment value alone makes you want to come back for more and learn what it means to have a realtionship with God. They pride themselves on bringing scripture to the young middle age generation in ways we understand and can relate to and I have found it to be so inspiring to be a part of, and enjoy it when I can bring others with me to share the message. But enough about the preaching, come back I didn't mean to scare you into thinking I wasn't going to give you any juicy dirt. After church we went to breakfast/lunch and on the way back to my fathers house while we were all in the car, nothing says put me on the spot like father says "Did I do ok for you and your brother?" in a car full of step-mom, step-sister, my daugther, my dad and me. Mind you my parents divorced when I was 5, and my dad was a every other weekend kind of guy. Heavy smoker, work alcholic never had to many heart to heart conversations but you knew he loved you kind of guy. So while the spot light was burning my eyes I simply said "you did the best you could". I hope he was not offended but my realtionship I feel could have been stronger give a little more effort if someone would have taught him how. No hard feelings but as I am now older and seen different realtionships with other families I know Morgan will not be raised the way I was, I want her and I to have a more open realtionship with more communication. Simple as that, after all I have two positions to fill since her father in absent most days.
Off to the next venue, My in-laws were enjoying sometime at the pool so we paid our respect to my father in-law who is an awesome man, and who I can't say enough praise about, and wish my father was just as great but we all have our difference. He was happy to see his grand-baby, the in-laws love her so much I think they may just swallow her one day! After spending time in the hot sun we were fully spent and went home to crash.
Where is the SD you ask? well he did not find time to see his father, a phone call was all he made. Which saddens me because his family has done more than their share to make his life full. So it should not have been a suprise to me that he did not make plans with his own daugther. Instead he was out on a boat with some friends and his soul mate. His excuse of course was she is to young she won't know the difference, and because I didn't answer his phone call in the morning because I was at church he made other plans. Yep all my fault except NOT!
That is the dirt for now I have to get some work done. Till next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because he was the SD (as his name so firmly implies) that does not make him a father. No father is perfect, as is no mother, but he's falling off the charts...

Anonymous said...

You sure have been busy. I am so glad you invited your dad to church with you!!! I am also proud of you for at least stating "you did your best" and not saying he was great when you know he wasn't. It is good that you did not forfit truth just to save his feelings. That is the begining of better comunication. You stated truth with out being malous.
As for SD; he missed out on a beaufiful day on so many levels. Too bad the boat didn't capsize or something. But in all his choices we know he will have to have the consequences that follow. We will keep praying for him to open his eyes and look at life not only from his prespective, but to also think about someone else every once and awhile. He so needs to learn he is not the center of the galaxy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for walking with me in Detroit Michelle, I had a really nice time! And you have to admit, listening to all the people gushing about Morgan was so sweet. Not to mention the two ladies behind us cheering on the runners and cracking us up, along with the yummy Panera Bread bagel creation! Oh I could go for one of those right now...yummmmmm..... :)