Thursday, July 12, 2007

Daycare - Day One

Officially the day is not over but update from when I last seen my little peanut until now,
call to day-care;
Hello
me - How is it going is Morgan adjusting?
care taker - She is doing great, just one thing.
me - uh-oh (hold breathe should she have called me)
care taker - Well she was sitting in her saucer and she likes to yell when she is playing, the 4 month old in the saucer next to her started to cry and the other just hold their ears, and compliment how loud she is.
me - Yeha that is my girl(should have had talk with her to remember her manners)

Yes I am finding it hard to leave my daugther in the care of someone other than a friend or family member. Yes I cried on the way to work because my daughter did not cry when I left her. Yes I think it is best for her and I to find a place where she is comfortable so she doesn't cry when I leave her at daycare. Yes I am fighting every urge to run to the daycare and just strap her to my back while I am at work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's just fine! And she's having a great time with other kids!! I think NOT having Dean in daycare may be hurting him a bit...he loves grownups, but could care less about kids his own age...Also, i am sure I am going to be told he is speech delayed in September....sigh. There are certainly benefits to Daycare. Even if it doesn't feel like it to you.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

ok, one day she will cry & it won't be because she doesn't like it there; it'll be because she realizes you'll stay & sooth. Park still does it to me now & again. He starts a new school (with field trips on a mini-bus) in September. First day of school for Brandon will be for PArker too. Its right across the street from work, but its really liek school---computers 2 times a week, gym class everyday, music 2 days a week & foreign langauge 2 days a week. It's pre-school! Anyway, maybe he can help Brandon with his spanish. :)

You'll be fine. Its worse when they cry that they do't want to leave school!!!! (happens more than crying because I'm leaving him). 2-2 1/2 there will be many tears & then when you sneak back to make sure she really does stop when you're gone liek they say; she really has. I've gone back for both boys MANY times--hundreds :)

Good job tho---no better experience than school!!! SOCIALIZATION!!!!!!