Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Something New

Just how does a single woman approach a man who she is interested in without being let down? Being single in my mid 30's, you would think one would have enough confidence in saying to an attractive man hey I noticed your not wearing a ring (my ex didn't wear his ring for the last year of our marriage) could I get your number? Then this overwhelming feeling of rejection swooshes in and blocks my larnex box and I just say "Have a nice day"........
At work we have been wanting to destroy important documents that have all but taken over the up-stairs storage area for quite sometime. So we have summer help in the shop so I was taking advantage of the opportunity to remove the clutter up-stairs to make room for the clutter that has taken over the front office.
When I started this job I can remember having to re-arrange my office to what I have grown accustomed to for 12 years in the administrative business. It took me 62 days (cause that sounds much longer than 2 months) to get everything organized from the 20 some years the woman before me left behind. Endless hours of filing and tossing papers that were useless pieces of information that only a woman who grew up in the depression would hold onto. It was very overwhelming yet refreshing at the same time to start something new.
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse they sent me up-stairs to organize the ba-zillion boxes that have been piling up since the early 1900's. After convincing the higher ups that it was not necessary to keep all the boxes of important documents, I broke down what we had to keep and what we could toss, and there it sat for oh 814 days.
Until the extra shop help arrived, and it is now or never time to unload the up-stairs!! WHOA! 100 plus boxes later and we were ready to call in the shredder troops, Shred-Corp. A company that specializes in coming to your business and loads your un-wanted "important" documents onto a hopper and tosses it into their truck and shreds it right on-site. How cool is that? Super cool when it takes under an hour to shred what took 45 years to create!!
The one thing they failed to mention when I called to get a quote was how hot their service man is, or maybe I didn't ask. When the hot Shred-Corp guy arrived I was like a giddy school girl and stuff, like I was 12 and my buck teeth were sticking out and I was all self concious about my skinny legs and knobby knees giddy. What the heck get a hold of yourself he shreds paper for God's sakes it is not like your going out on a date. Your just going to the back yard to stand in the hot sun and help load boxes onto a truck. So maybe it was just me but I was checking out the monitor attached to the truck to make sure it was for real shredding everything, and he leaned over and was all sweating and sweet smelling and showing me how everything works. It was totally show me how he grinds paper HOT!! But in less than an hour it was over, and I really wanted to ask him for his number but all I could say was "Have a nice day"!
Is there some sort of class or video that I can get in on, because DAMN IT I am not good at being single!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still want to know if you had hot, spikey, messy black hair young guy sex?? One time would be a great thing right now!!
Next time, just blurt it out and if they say no to you, then they were probably gay!

The 311 Boys Mom said...

OK, seriously, JUST ASK for his number. Was he giving ANY sign that he was being more than jsut polite???

You know difference. When you see it JUMP at it!!!

Not to be a downer, but we are MID-30's & with children.........NO TIME TO SPARE!!!!! :)

& I agree, if he says no, he's gay--OR afraid :)

Anonymous said...

A "No" certainly = GAY. So just go for it. If any hot gay guy says no, you can at least then exchange tips on accesorizing and hair color