Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Driving Responsibly

I am a patient person really I am but when pressed to the limit I go all out ape shit!! My drive into work was going well until suddenly brake lights appeared 2 miles from my exit off the freeway. Much to my dismay an accident was reported on the radio just as I passed the exit I could have gotten off at so I could continue my 40 minute drive to the daycare and then work. So as we inched for a tenth of a mile in 15 minutes I notice my thermostat is approaching dangerous levels. Now I have been having this trouble before this morning and keep putting off doing anything about it, but this is not what I will tell law enforcement when I plan my next move. Your not going to believe what the nudge in my stomach made me do......I pulled onto the right shoulder put my hazard lights on and punched it going 5 miles an hour for 2 miles on the freeway to get to my exit!!! You heard me I broke the law driving on the shoulder of a packed three lane freeway in a car that was about to over-heat and create more havoc in mine and other peoples commute if I didn't get off the freeway NOW! I wanted to apologize to each and everyone of the cars I passed and tell them my sincere excuse. So sorry I have precious cargo that was going to blow at any minute if I didn't get off this pavement.
We made it safely to the daycare with no heat in the car so as not to over-heat my engine, and I made it to work LATE but I am here. Would anyone like to pick me up and drive me home I just don't think I can drive anymore! or should I say I don't want to take responsibility.

2 comments:

K said...

I think you did what you had to do to protect your precious cargo. As long as you weren't flying past the other cars laughing, you are alright!

Anonymous said...

You were flying past the other cars laughing weren't you! Good girl!!