Thursday, January 3, 2008

12,775 days old

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
If you haven't heard the news I am a whole year older than I was just 367 days ago. I have always hated my birthday, not because I hate being older, I just don't like having another gift giving day so close in proximity to each other. I would rather have what my BF and I discussed sometime ago a semi-annual birthday bash(see her b-day is only 29 days after mine), where we could party in say June when the weather is HOT and we have to wait another six months to receive a gift for Christmas. Is that to much to ask?? yeha what.ever.
So for my birthday mother nature dumped 12 inches of snow before the crack of dawn, it looked beautiful, bright and fresh. We did not need to go anywhere till the afternoon so it was inviting to see the snow covered trees and the flower beds covered with a fresh blanket to hide the fall clean-up that I failed to do before the weather got chilly. It was nice to stay in our pajamas and eat left over christmas cookies and nap! Later in the afternoon we went to dinner at Buca Di Beppo. I met BF, her hubby, their handsome 14 month flirt and Morgan's buddy, my friend Annette and her Mom, my new friend Am with her 2yr old sidekick Loch, my sister and my angel all for an Italian feast. We enjoyed salad laced with a bolt from the lettuce shredder we were told, the manager came out to the table and announced "Hey I heard you got screwed?" HAHAHA Good thing we all had a sense of humor, and he removed the salad from the bill and complimented us with a slice of chocolate cake for dessert. What more could a girl ask for on her birthday well besides a man who could give a good back massage and foot rub, or.......just my mind wandering. Where were we?
Oh yeha it is New Years and in keeping in the spirit of resolutions something I have never really made a list of or care to start, but I am going to humor you anyway. There are things that come to mind from past year that I hope I never have to repeat again and things I hope to improve upon.
1) I hope this year to find a new companion to have adult conversations with like when a man loves woman sorta way.
2) I want to start saying NO more often, I am always spreading myself to thin and wanting to please everyone, well I am going to focus more on my happiness and being more selfish.
3) I will be more optimistic. (the house WILL sell this year)
Three things, three BIG things that should get me started off. Notice I did not challenge myself to be on-time or to start working out, those things are just way out of my league right now.

Hope your New Years brings much JOY, Happiness and a little wealth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Melissa @ Suburban Bliss went to Buca for a holdiday dinner too!

Anonymous said...

Did you get my text message? I said Happy Birthday, I hope you do not think I forgot you!!

Anonymous said...

Lets make SURE we do our June birthday celebration this year!!
Bff&A