Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stalker

I have this address of a friend I used to know, a "friend" who I enjoyed being with and talking to and just being around. I say friend loosely because at more than one point my heart longed to be with him every second of everyday. But there was this thing this relationship I had put myself in that would lead to a marriage. A marriage of longing to feel what my friend made me feel, and at times my marriage felt that way just not as strong. The marriage is over and life has moved on and in the still of quite moments I wonder what if? Now after all this time, could I ever go back or would it be forward to see if he and I still had that chemistry. If that corner in my mind a fond memory still remains true today, or to leave it there and not screw it up for what it was.
The address is one I found while lurking on zabasearch. I tried running my own name just as a trial run, then I tried family and friends so I think it is fair to say the address I have is accurate. My question I guess would be do I write a letter to such address, if so what should the letter entail? Then my fear is what if he is married I don't want to create something out of nothing for a simple Hello.
I'll just sit over here while you tell me what to do, because I can not make these decisions on my own. That's right the comment line in the bottom right corner is begging you to leave a message. Thanks in advance for all your help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You found him!!!
Send me his name....I'll use my amazing super hero internet skills to try and see if he is married.

What to write in the letter...hhhmmmm...I think that may be K's dept. We all have our special super hero skills for a reason...

I'll think on it as well though.

Now send me his name!

Anonymous said...

That's a tough call. I'd probably be too chicken.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Just Do It!!!!

Friendly, of course . . . & go from there, once you see what's what (married)

Anonymous said...

You have absolutely nothing to lose. You are such a genuine person. All you have to do is say that reflecting on the new year made you think of year's past and back to him and you wondered how he was doing. Just approach it as getting in touch with an old friend. If he responds, take it from there. Don't pass up this opportunity. Remember what the subject was at church on Sunday? Wavelength? You can never be sure what those little promptings are until you act on them!

Kellie Bray said...

All right...who is it?? I have a couple of ideas of who it could be.
Did you guys have any mutual friends that you could get the scoop on him from? I think a friendly letter would be fine saying that you just wanted to get back in touch with some of your friends that you have lost contact with...that way if he is married, hopefully she will not be too mad. But she might be mad if he is married...But that's too bad...write it anyways, but keep it friendly at first until you get the scoop!!

K said...

JUST DO IT....