Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Bunny

I am jumping right back on the Mommy band wagon I fell off of back in December when I didn't take my 14 month old to see Santa Claus. I was hell bent on getting her to see the Easter Bunny even if it meant to go out on a work night. The thought of going out in the evening for the past year has made me shutter for the fact that by 7pm my sweet innocent looking child turns into this whiny, don't touch me, let me see that(pointing at every breakable thing she can see) and put me doooownnn.....I want to run as fast as my six inches of leg will let me run away from you because it is so damn funny, and woman who I call Mommie if you pick me up I will scream in sure terror fashion which will make all the patrons in this store think you are trying to steal me. Don't mess with this 18 month old I know how to push your buttons, I hope you wore deodorant! Really who is in control here? Clearly I need some counseling.
We went to the mall north of the city to which we live and found we were the first and only people in line to see the Easter Bunny. While I primped my precious baby to sit on the bunny's lap all she wanted to do was play with all the plastic eggs and knock over the chickens, geese and flowers on display. Morgan sat on the bunny's lap without crying in dismay just calmy looked at him without trying to pull off his glasses, and in true Morgan fashion there will be no smiling for the camera no matter how much you wave that rubber chicken in her face. After spending more than enough time trying to get her to smile I will leave you with this picture;
Notice there is no cuddling with this large rabbit (can't say I blame her) she is keeping her distance with her left hand, or suggesting put me down there are eggs covered in glitter I must try to run away with and Mommie is at least five feet from me right now I have a head start, put me down you damn rabbit!!
Happy Easter may your day be filled with all things SPRING!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan didn't see Santa? You HEATHEN! (just kidding!)
I swear, until kids are older, these pictures are just to make the grandparents happy.

Morgan's Mom said...

yeha your right. Until the day she is looking at Santa through the years and says remember you didn't get my picture with Santa when I was 14 months......then I can say hey when you were 3 months you seen Santa for the first time and had french onion soup on your arm because mommy missed her mouth at lunch before we went.
Imagine how proud she will be!!

Anonymous said...

My sister didn't even buy those silly first pictures at the hospital after her second daughter was born. I told her she will be scared for life.

Kellie Bray said...

I didn't buy any of those hospital pictures...I feel a warm sensation in my soul.
Nicholas goes tomorrow to Costco to see the Bunny! check braysanatomy for the pic later on!

T$ said...

Morgan's Mom:
Thank you so much for the verse you sent me. I read it at a time on my trip when doubt was filling my head. It's amazing how if we are following God, how He will use us in ways we never even imagined. So thank you for following HIM. It is awesome to see that, and your encouragement with that verse was incredible.
Love both you girls!
Timm
PS-Your child will have nightmares about that easter bunny